Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Daveway

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jul 10, 2004
New Orleans / Lafayette, La
I was using the "POWER" of Spotlight today when I came across the iChat folder and found some interesting things.
Apple has gone out and just about made a button flag for every country on this planet.
Does Apple have a dream of World wide dominance? :) ;)

Attachments

• Picture 1.jpg
    Picture 1.jpg
    96.6 KB · Views: 252

sjpetry

macrumors 65816
Oct 28, 2004
Tamarindo, Costa Rica
Daveway said:
I was using the "POWER" of Spotlight today when I came across the iChat folder and found some interesting things.
Apple has gone out and just about made a button flag for every country on this planet.
Does Apple have a dream of World wide dominance? :) ;)
You have found out our plan, we must now kill you. :cool:

I can see in 5-10 years itms in most of the world. :)

quackattack

macrumors 6502a
Aug 13, 2004
Boise, ID
While I think those are just iChat icons, I have no doubt that Apple would LOVE to have a store in every country. Well most of them anyway, I really don't see some undeveloped nations downloading music ;)

PlaceofDis

macrumors Core
Jan 6, 2004
of course Apple wants to have a store in every country, they aren't stopping themselves.... its more the labels being an issue, but i do agree that i think that those are meant to be used for iChat icons, they are in an iChat folder after all

asif786

macrumors 65816
Jun 17, 2004
London, UK.
tizza said:
sigh - so the web post I saw with the Australian button for the supposed "soon-to-happen" iTMS Australia must have been from this :(

nope, the images you saw were real, from akamai servers. they were high quality JPEG files, whereas these are low quality GIF files.

These icons were in fact created by an icon designer a while ago. Apple took the right to use the images, but some people still have copies of the originals.

i have PNG files of like 247 countries! :D

dotdotdot

macrumors 68020
Jan 23, 2005
I still say Microsoft has an operating system that is based on Unix that has no viruses, no hackers, no spyware, no trojans, requires no security patches, requires no rebooting, and requires no drivers for any hardware. It runs on 16 MB RAM just as OS X Tiger would run on 2 GB RAM. It takes up 2 MB of space on a computer.

But until then they need to trash the Windows line - everyone has Windows, once this new software comes out everyone will need it. THATS Microsoft's plan to take over the world.

Apple's plan: get music in new countries.

WHICH IS SAFER??? AND BETTER???

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.