Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Apple's four-day Black Friday shopping event is now live in Australia and New Zealand, offering customers free Apple Store gift cards worth up to A$320 or NZ$320 with the purchase of select new Apple products.

apple-four-day-800x386.jpg

The gift card amounts are as follows in Australia and New Zealand:
  • $320 for 13-inch MacBook Pro, iMac, or iMac Pro
  • $160 for MacBook Air
  • $160 for iPad Pro
  • $160 for Beats Studio3 Wireless
  • $80 for SIM-free iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus, or iPhone XR
  • $80 for 10.5-inch iPad Air or iPad mini 5
  • $80 for HomePod
  • $80 for Beats Solo3 Wireless, Powerbeats3 Wireless, or Powerbeats Pro
  • $40 for Apple Watch Series 3, regular AirPods, Apple TV 4K, or Apple TV HD
Based on that, gift card amounts in the U.S. should be around the following:
  • $200 for 13-inch MacBook Pro, iMac, or iMac Pro
  • $100 for MacBook Air
  • $100 for iPad Pro
  • $100 for Beats Studio3 Wireless
  • $50 for SIM-free iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus, or iPhone XR
  • $50 for 10.5-inch iPad Air or iPad mini 5
  • $50 for HomePod
  • $50 for Beats Solo3 Wireless, Powerbeats3 Wireless, or Powerbeats Pro
  • $25 for Apple Watch Series 3, regular AirPods, Apple TV 4K, or Apple TV HD
Apple is not offering gift cards for its latest products, including the 16-inch MacBook Pro, AirPods Pro, iPhone 11 and iPhone 11 Pro models, or Apple Watch Series 5 models, while the Mac mini, iPod touch, old Mac Pro, refurbished products, education-discounted products, and carrier-locked iPhones are also ineligible.

The offer is available via Apple.com in each country and at Apple Stores in Australia through December 2, which is Cyber Monday, an increasingly popular online-focused shopping holiday that follows Black Friday.

Apple will extend its Black Friday shopping event to the United States, Canada, and many European countries as the clock turns to Friday around the world. Last year, Apple offered gift cards worth up to $200 in the United States.

Black Friday marks one of the few times in a year that Apple offers deals on its products, but as usual, better deals can be found elsewhere. Be sure to read our Black Friday roundup for the latest offers from third-party resellers on the latest iPhones and iPads, the 16-inch MacBook Pro, AirPods Pro, and more.

Apple has shared full terms and conditions on its website.

Article Link: Apple's Black Friday Event Begins in Australia: Up to $320 Apple Store Gift Card With Select Products

Last edited:

steve09090

macrumors 68000
Aug 12, 2008
It would be disgustingly stupid to discount new products that are already stretching the supply chain to breaking point.
There are a lot more stores in Australia that sell Apple Products than Apple. So that makes no sense.

But they pay the discount from their pockets, to get people in the shop, not Apple.

So what? So why are they providing discount cards for other products when other stores are still discounting. Again. The logic to defend them doesn’t add up.

Sure they don’t have to, and therefore they don’t. But it’s not supply constraints or not needing to attract customers. If you’re going to make an argument, make one that is logical.

Vjosullivan

macrumors 65816
Oct 21, 2013
National Chains such as "The Good Guys" have the base model Macbook Pro 16" for $AU380 less than Apple. So that doesn't follow.
Why not? Why would you buy it from a washing machine dealership if you could get it directly from Apple for the same price. Even if their shop was around the corner and Apple wasn't, at the same price I'd still go mail order direct from Apple.

The only thing that they can alter about the product - to improve sales - is the price and that's what they've done. And their own evaluation is that it's worth almost 400 dollars to wrest a sale away from Apple.

(Plus they only sell the "base" models.)

Last edited:

djcerla

macrumors 68020
Apr 23, 2015
Italy
Sure they don’t have to, and therefore they don’t. But it’s not supply constraints or not needing to attract customers. If you’re going to make an argument, make one that is logical.

First, my argument is logical, and you are rude implying another user is not using logic.

Second, you don't know if those products are supply constrained or not (we know at least Airpods Pro are constrained, for sure). And you don't know anything about those product's demand elesticity to price; Apple could well discount only its products with higher elasticity.

Reactions: realtuner

Royksöpp

macrumors 68020
Nov 4, 2013
I’m just relieved I won’t have to return my 16 Inch MacBook Pro. It’s not very often you hit the screen lottery on the very first try. I’d rather not chance it. I”m a little bit disappointed that he iPhone isn’t part of the deal. I’ve been eying the Pro for a while.

petsk

macrumors 6502
Oct 13, 2009
My local reseller is giving a 15% discount on the new 16-inch Macbook Pro.

Thats a 422€ discount, down from 2799€ to 2379€ with taxes on the base model.

ZMacintosh

macrumors 65816
Nov 13, 2008
that's disappointing to hear about the 16-inch not being included, I get it. though its not really a discount towards that product if they're supplying you a gift card to put towards another product.

Although if reported correctly, the $100 gift card with an iPad Pro is really nice.

no girls

macrumors member
Sep 23, 2019
I’m just relieved I won’t have to return my 16 Inch MacBook Pro. It’s not very often you hit the screen lottery on the very first try. I’d rather not chance it. I”m a little bit disappointed that he iPhone isn’t part of the deal. I’ve been eying the Pro for a while.
What do you mean by the screen lottery?

MacLawyer

macrumors 6502a
Aug 1, 2009
U.S.A.
Very nice offer. Personally I would rather just get a cash discount. I will be checking out places like Best Buy and B&H Photo.

hajime

macrumors 604
Jul 23, 2007
So if people want to order a built to order MBP16” in Canada this or next week, there is no gift card, present or any discounts?

It sucks that I am unable to access the Black Friday deals like 40% discount on Morpie's 3 In 1 Wireless Charger. I was considering buying it from Zagg.com however after the exchange rate, postage to redirect from my USA vitual postal box to my AU physical postal box then purchase an Australian plug - I might as well just buy it here. You Americans are sooo lucky as the Black Friday discounts from Apple resellers that you have there do not exist here. For example, Apple AirPods Pro cost here today AUD399 whether purchased from Apple.com/AU or JB Hi-Fi or Officeworks. :confused: They are not available for sale from Amazon Australia.

bigandtasty

macrumors 6502a
Dec 26, 2006

Wish I could say the same. I returned my MBP 16 Inch a couple days ago in anticipation of some kind of discount.... Looks like I'll be returning this weekend to repurchase..

nitramluap

Cancelled
Apr 26, 2015
I’m just pleased Apple doesn’t call it ’black friday’ here, because that’s a silly US tradition. Next thing we’ll have ‘thanksgiving’... FFS. It’s vile, as is all the behaviour it attracts. Hardly worth celebrating.

BMcCoy

macrumors 68000
Jun 24, 2010
Store is down in the UK at the moment - is that normal? Are we expecting any new products tonight/tomorrow?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.