Apple's Bluetooth Headset Changed!

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by richard4339, Jul 13, 2008.

1. richard4339 macrumors 6502a

richard4339

2. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

A nice quite little update maybe? I know people were hot and cold on the headset.

I would hardly be impressed if the form factor slightly changed, the dock was removed, and the price dropped if there was no change in the actual functionality of it all. I thought the headset was a bit pricey myself for what they claimed it would do and I'm downright bummed that Apple is starting to nickel and dime everyone by removing the dock but selling it separately. Though, that's business...so be it!

My only wish is the earpiece came with something that would allow you to hang it off your ear. Those earbuds never stay in for me. If that is include then I missed it. :eek:

3. richard4339 thread starter macrumors 6502a

richard4339

I was tempted to get one for the dock that would charge both. But it doesn't look like they offer that now at all, so I guess I'll just stick with my Motorola headset now, if I can ever find it again...

4. brisweeney macrumors regular

brisweeney

yeah my main reason was gonna be for the dock. no sale now apple!

5. Zeegler macrumors member

great....so I have the iPhone 3G and the old bluetooth headset that came with old iPhone dual dock. Looks like new standalone dual-dock only for old iPhone & not iPhone 3G so no dual-dock for the new iPhone 3G...wtf?

6. juanster macrumors 68020

juanster

i m still using my motorola from like 5 years ago still works fine (only use it while i drive) i was really hoping it d break n then i d "have" to get the nice apple one with the dock

7. CWallace macrumors 603

CWallace

The dock sold with the Bluetooth headset does not fit the 3G iPhone. So it appears that to prevent confusion and limit returns from people who buy it with a 3G iPhone and find it doesn't fit, Apple is just selling the headset separately now.

8. aikomhoch macrumors member

No dock, but...

The power cable it comes with allows you to plug the BT headset and the phone into the end of the cable. No dock, but you can still charge. Of course, it does not appear to come with the power adapter, so you'd need to use the one that came with the iPhone. You end up with an extra cable that I guess you can keep with your computer for syncing, or just buy an extra power adapter and be able to charge in two locations.