Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

For those that missed Apple's California Streaming event this morning, the full hour and 20 minute long keynote can be watched both on YouTube and through Apple's Events website.

Apple also debuted several new videos during the event, which have also been uploaded to YouTube separately. The videos feature the iPhone 13 Pro, iPhone 13, iPad mini, and Apple Watch Series 7, along with highlights on the iPhone 13 cameras, Apple Fitness+, and more.

The iPad mini 6 and the new ninth-generation iPad can be pre-ordered today, while pre-orders for the new iPhone 13 models will start on Friday. The Apple Watch Series 7 will launch later this fall.

Article Link: Apple's 'California Streaming' Event Now Available on YouTube and Events Website

dantracht

Cancelled
Sep 19, 2013
Sorry but every time Prosser is wrong I get happy.

Fingers crossed we can go back to some form of in-person events next year. These have gotten too slickster, or as a former girlfriend of mine once referred to me....hipster doofus.

Reactions: urbanslaughter1997

svish

macrumors G3
Nov 25, 2017
Event was disappointing. Did not like the colours of the new iPhone. Watch is now losing Gold colour for aluminum variant. For the iPhone, it was the usual 'S' update.

The video/ad featuring cinematic video was interesting.

ooToineoo

macrumors newbie
Feb 3, 2015
I love Apple products and use many. But how unexciting Apple has become over the past few years. And how slow to implement obviously needed change: terrible iPhone notch design fail, thinner Apple Watch... Honestly, it's been a while since I last felt excited about an Apple event ....

Last edited by a moderator:

Nxybagr

macrumors member
Jun 5, 2018
Nottingham ??
So disappointed with this event. The only decent thing was the iPad mini which is expensive for what it is. Apple Watch disappointing only difference is a different face. Fitness+ disappointing but hopeful that if two people in the house doing the same fitness at the same time can see both watches at the same time on screen. And iPhones nothing there to make me want to upgrade from my 12 pro max.

flofixer

macrumors 6502
Sep 13, 2016
California
Double the storage on the entry level iphone 13 and much better battery life for the same price seems like a great deal to me.

stainless

macrumors member
Jul 2, 2007
Colorado
Completely agree, I would rather have it every two years and get something that actually compels me! Clearly, Apple has been warming up to the media (read as giving them a bunch of free gifts, dinners, hosting private events. etc.) because the media is saying, "OH MY GOSH THIS IS AMAZING UPGRADE" Ah, NO IT ISN'T!! Seriously, there is ZERO breakthrough tech here, nothing but a bunch of BS fluff, "Oh look we have a new color, jump up and down with joy!!!" ProRes, isn't a breakthrough and they COULD have introduced it with the iPhone 12 Pro, along with all of the "features" presented today, NOTHING NEW. The iwatch 7 doesn't have a new design, the renderings of the rumors was a nicer watch then the same BORING and UGLY current iwatch. SAD APPLE AND BAD TIM COOK!

stainless

macrumors member
Jul 2, 2007
Colorado
@flofixer They could have offered this in the iPhone 12, storage isn't a physical limitation a 128 nanochip is the same physical size as a 1tb. Same with battery life, it's only 2 1/2 hours, that's such a small difference it could simply be how they optimized the OS or performed the test, ie. let's have the OS set the display at 95% vs 100%, and there's your difference. Sad part is that this is pushing me toward Android more and more and I've been an Apple person since the 80's, yeah I even had an Apple 2. Today is a sad day for Apple.

Reactions: Nxybagr

flofixer

macrumors 6502
Sep 13, 2016
California
@flofixer They could have offered this in the iPhone 12, storage isn't a physical limitation a 128 nanochip is the same physical size as a 1tb. Same with battery life, it's only 2 1/2 hours, that's such a small difference it could simply be how they optimized the OS or performed the test, ie. let's have the OS set the display at 95% vs 100%, and there's your difference. Sad part is that this is pushing me toward Android more and more and I've been an Apple person since the 80's, yeah I even had an Apple 2. Today is a sad day for Apple.
I think the difference in battery life is more likely due the 5nm process used on manufacturing the new cpu as well as the more efficient qualcomm x60 modem rather than due to shenanigans as you suggest

mcfrazieriv

macrumors 65816
Jan 30, 2012
How on earth does this company have 35k+ corporate jobs and THIS was the result?
The iPhone intro video at one point animated a background image to fill the gap in time as there was literally nothing new to animate other than this. Or when the lenses animated into the iPhone pro... it was like deja vu.

Pez555

macrumors 68020
Apr 18, 2010
First keynote I have watched for a good 3/4 years. The most I have ever felt underwhelmed.

for the first time it really became apparent for me that apple are just stalling with products and not willing/scared to take the next step. It was an S year. Apple Watch update left me speechless after all the ‘leaks’ we have had.

not even sure why they had a keynote for this. A press release would have sufficed as they literally changed nothing hardware wise.

probably the worst keynote I’ve ever watched from apple.

MrkJensen

macrumors member
Sep 29, 2009
In the past I was eager to watch the Apple events, but in the recent years I stopped watching years ago as they became uninteresting and boring. Could be me as been using Apple since the mid '90 and got the rush over the years.

Reactions: TakeshimaIslands

caoimhe

macrumors regular
Aug 3, 2012
I didn’t watch, just checked the updates now and then. I’ve been waiting for the new mini so I’m happy about that but nothing else was interesting.

urbanslaughter1997

macrumors 6502
Aug 3, 2007
I had been planning to buy a new phone and a new watch this year. I’m currently using an XS and an apple watch series 4. I still don’t see enough reason to upgrade. I can use both for another year.

Reactions: Nxybagr

roland.g

macrumors 604
Apr 11, 2005
1 hour 18 minutes with so many transitions and other fluff that the actual stage time had to be less than an hour so we had no actual recap discussion of the software as to how iOS 15 features will be amazing on these iPhone 12S devices.

Adam Warlock

macrumors regular
Jun 22, 2016
Terrible wannabe 'hip' music kills it for me. You can tell it's so forced, so fake. I don't expect amazing product innovation every year but the show itself was just boring. The faux hipster thing is really grating on the nerves, IMO.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.