Apple's cases vs Spigen

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by chukwithak, Oct 10, 2018.

1. chukwithak macrumors regular

I went a full 2 years with my iPhone 7 cases-less but with the XS and a glass back I just don't trust it. Bought an apple leather case, don't think I dropped it but I has a huge tear and am disappointed. I like the silicone case but I want durability, tack, and low profile. What do you all recommend with what I am looking for?
    leaning towards that Apple silicone, but right now I'm doubting durability. Not really worried about drop protection.

2. MacWins macrumors regular

MacWins

I can recommend you the Spigen Ultra Hybrid (used 1 whole year with the 8 Plus) and the Spigen Neo Hybrid that I am using now on the XS Max!
    Both have good grip, have raised lips to protect screen and camera and offer good protection!

3. BugeyeSTI macrumors 68030

BugeyeSTI

I second the ultra hybrid. I’ve been using it on my X and its been excellent. Only issue is if you get the clear version the sides will start to yellow after 6-8 months.

4. yOyOYoo macrumors 6502a

yOyOYoo

5. AE14 macrumors 68000

AE14

Spigen liquid air armor is another good case for a small cost.

6. iKevinT macrumors member

Spigen Ultra Hybrid on my 7+ and ordered one from Amazon for my XS Max before I had the iPhone. Highly recommend. Started out with all clear, went to black sides first time I saw one.

7. Jordan921 macrumors 601

Jordan921

8. Petey07 macrumors member

I didn’t like spigen liquid crystal because of it’s bulky-ness (I want protection, but found it too thick from spigen). Instead got the ringke air instead and it’s alittle thinner but have the protection.