Apple's comment that suggests at least new hardware for iphone 5...

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ScKcBc, Sep 6, 2011.

1. ScKcBc macrumors regular

In reading all the speculations and rumors, there is one thing Apple HAS said regarding the new phone. When the police were searching for the lost phone a few weeks ago, Apple told the police the device was "invaluable". Now Apple Definitely has the ability to shut down prototypes remotely so if the new phone were just an iphone 4s with the same body, then I cant imagine they would have that used that adjective. It sounds to me like the actual phone itself is different and they were paranoid about it being seen. Hence why they had the police wait outside while they searched the place themselves. If it were just an Iphone 4 body then they would have most likely let the police help them.

And i think it's BS they didn't find it but no charges were filed and the case is now dead. I think they did find it but they denied even finding it, just to furthermore deny its existence.

----------

unless the whole thing is jsut BS to stir things up like last time

2. Agent-P macrumors 68030

Agent-P

It could be a possibility and I sure hope you're right about this. But at the same time, your second point is still valid; this could just be BS to stir up more excitement about the phone especially with all the confusion surrounding this event.

3. murdercitydevil macrumors 68000

murdercitydevil

It could mean something, and then again it could be Apple saying whatever they need to say to get the police to work harder. Plus, invaluable or not, it's their new, unreleased product, and the last thing they want is for Gizmodo to get their hands on it again.

4. applefanDrew macrumors 65816

Or maybe what they lost is a really really really early prototype iPhone 6.

5. staccato83 macrumors 6502a

staccato83

We're talking about the same company that described the iPad as "magical." :rolleyes: