Apples Customer Service Is Excellent.

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by thecritix, Feb 6, 2008.

1. thecritix macrumors 6502

Alot of the time we hear negative stuff on sites like these, from the vocal minority who have had a bad experience.
    Too often, these are people who apple have tried to help, but they have justt been very difficult customers..

Just a quick post really to offer a positive story.
    My Macbook discoloured and I hated the idea of losing it for a week or ten days. I eventually plucked up the courage and took it in on Monday morning to have it done. They agreed to order the parts and call me when to bring it back in so they could do it.

Tuesday early afternoon I get a call to say the parts are in, book a genius bar appointment with the guy on the phone. take the Mac in Tuesday late afternoon, explain to the genius that I live 25 miles away and ask if he might be able to get it done that evening.

He has a check, and says to come back in 1 hour!

I return in one hour to find my macbook that looks brand new, new trackpad clickpad, keyboard, and screen surround.

Absolutely brilliant service, thank you apple.
    (Imagine trying to get that in PC World.... :rolleyes:)

Nick

(my mac is a Early July 06 model)

2. skyrider007 macrumors 65816

skyrider007

I totally agree with you. Yesterday I rang them regarding my faulty power brick and this morning I received a new one! They're FAB!

3. quagmire macrumors 603

quagmire

I agree. They allowed us to get the EDU discount even after I got the product and they allowed us to return an iPod well after their 14 day return policy without a restocking fee because it was a replacement replacement iPod. My brothers 20 GB iPod was full. So for xmas I got him the 80 GB iPod. Not to get full into details as it is personal, it was stolen and I had to buy him another one. Then the original was recovered and Apple let us return the replacement replacement.

4. ZacUSNYR macrumors regular

That was common in my Gateway Country store when I was working as a tech for Gateway.

So it exists, or once did ;)

5. thecritix thread starter macrumors 6502

I'm sure it does exist in PC's.. though whenever my friends take PC's for repair, either at bigger stores or local ones, they always have to wait a while etc.

I just felt the whole process was brilliantly handled by Apple.

As well as the fact that my fault isn't exactly an urgent one, discolouration... its reassuring to know that if something important were to die on my mac I will have that level of service waiting for me :)

6. heatmiser macrumors 68020

That's good news. Hopefully someday they stop making the cheap palmrests in the first place. :D

7. khunxhor macrumors member

yup....I called because I couldn't get my print server to work w/ my new mb. I spent a month trying to figure it out(and printing everything through the school labs :( ). Although, I do have to admit, I have gone into the Apple store maybe 3-4 times...not for my mb and a very long time ago. People say such bad things about their customer service, I find myself avoiding it..... :(

EDIT: I should probably specify that I find myself avoiding the store... :)....theyre so nice over the phone!

8. ayale99 macrumors 6502

I had a battery go bad in my MBP 3 days before I was heading to Ireland. The Apple Care guy had a brand new one at my door the next day! Also had an ipod go bad and a new one in-hand in less than a week. I've had great experience with Apple service. bravo