Apple's delivery is too fast! Help! :)

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by maxap, Nov 20, 2008.

1. maxap macrumors 6502

maxap

Hey fellas!

Listen to this story.

Yesterday I ordered my unibody MBP (for the third time; I cancelled my two orders before because of some "problems" reporting in this forum and the long delivery times).

So, I placed an order at 22:30 yesterday and my MBP has been shipped to me this morning (check time: 8:00 am)!!!

WTF???? It has been shipped from the Netherlands (I live in the Netherlands), because the Order Status lets me know that it will arrive tomorrow).

I thought that Apple had way too slow delivery and now my MBP has been shipped in less that 12 hours. But I am worried now again: are they trying to give me some used MBP, or a MBP from the old shipments? I decided to order my MBP now because some people reported that Apple started to send "good" and "problem free" MBP's, so I thought maybe all the issues have been resolved after 1 month after release.
    I really don't want to get a machine which has been shipped to the Netherlands in October.

I am very curious and a bit worried about this whole thing.
    It is not good if Apple's delivery takes too long and not good if it takes too short period either, I assume....

Hmmmm.... Any ideas on my situation?! :confused:

2. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

Relax. You are reading way too much into this.

3. niklot macrumors member

ive been waiting 4 my macbook pro for now exactly a month... and well ill prolly have to wait another week... so dont say something like they r shipping it too fast...

4. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

Apple is dammed if they do and dammed if they don't.
    I'm sure if you call them and tell them they're shipping too fast then they'll be happy to ensure all future deliveries take months. :rolleyes:

5. sickmacdoc macrumors 68020

sickmacdoc

I agree with rdowns! In your region shipping has probably just caught up with demand finally so they are able to get them out faster than they were with the original onslaught of orders.

6. iBlue macrumors Core

iBlue

Don't panic. I would never panic if I were in the Netherlands.:p

Man, this forum is full of a bunch of Goldilockses.

7. puma1552 macrumors 601

48 hours ago i ordered a CTO MBP and two hours ago it was scanned in as ready for shipment, headed to america before my sis can ship it to me here in japan.

12 hours for yours off the shelf, 48 for mine CTO.

8. acfusion29 macrumors 68040

acfusion29

First time that I've heard somebody complain about fast shipping.

But seriously, don't worry about it.

9. wwooden macrumors 68000

wwooden

10. maxap thread starter macrumors 6502

maxap

Thanks for your replies, guys!

I've just called Apple Support and a nice lady on the phone told me it is normal. I ordered a not customized MBP. So they've got enough of them on the shelf and can ship them immediately.
    She told me they've got a lot of MBP's on the shelf but she didn't know whether these are the recent stocks or not.

I think these are the recent stocks because it took much longer to get your MBP delivered before. (I had to wait for the same machine for about a week, but cancelled my order because thought it would take much longer).
    And it is not sure whether the recent MBP's are better than the ones introduced on 14th of October. (concerning improved issues etc)
    I've also seen some people on this forum with "perfect" laptops which they got a month ago.

So, hopefully I will receive a resent issue-free MBP. My first MAC!!!! :)

11. roland.g macrumors 603

roland.g

Kidding me you have got to be.

Help!, yes you need.

MBP, maybe you need not.

12. w...b macrumors regular

everytime i have ordered from apple i get the product within a week. Some people might live in area where the parcel must stop off at maybe 5 destinations before it arrives.

My Macbook Pro was ordered on a Sunday night at 8pm and delivered on Thursday of the same week. It came from China to Toronto with 3 stops.

13. tcphoto macrumors 6502a

tcphoto

Unbelievable, you ordered twice before and canceled both because of the complaints you read online.:rolleyes: Then you order a third time and you freak out because Apple processes your order in record time? I hope that you don't return it because there is a crease in the shipping label or the package is missing the cleaning clothe or Apple stickers.

14. nikhsub1 macrumors 68000

nikhsub1

Obsess much? Wow this forum is full of OCD loonies.

15. benjs macrumors regular

Netherlands, eh? Sounds to me like a classic "bad batch" scenario :D

16. maxap thread starter macrumors 6502

maxap

Hahaha... this thread should be read with a certain amount of irony... There is between all those complaints about deleveries taking too long one thread about a too fast delivery! Nice... :)