Apple's Environmental practice

Discussion in 'Apple, Inc and Tech Industry' started by Scarlet Fever, Sep 29, 2009.

1. Scarlet Fever macrumors 68040

Scarlet Fever

I'm doing a 2000 word report for school, and the topic I've chosen is Apple's environmental practice. I'm planning on covering manufacturing, shipping (including packaging), energy efficient operation and recycling. I was hoping to compare energy use of, say, a Dell desktop compared to an iMac, but I can't find any information about power usage from Dell.

Obviously, the best source is Apple.com, but if anyone has anything extra to contribute, that would be appreciated.

2. paolo- macrumors 6502a

If it's a 2000 word report, you might want to check into green washing. Sounds like you want Apple to come out as a hero. As much as you may like the company, a truthful unbiased report should give you higher grades. At witch point, Apple shouldn't be considered as a very good source for information as they obviously have a biased point of view. Try looking for independent sources to validate as much as possible.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Green_computing might give you a good idea of topics to address.