Apple's "Facebook Page": Free iPads for Christmas

Prof.

macrumors 601
Original poster
Aug 17, 2007
Chicago
I'm always amazed at how quickly people's intelligence seems to drop off the moment they sign on to the internet. This is the latest example of that. Multiple people whom I'm friends with have already shared this photo, believing it to be real.

I wanted to share this on MacRumors because I feel everyone here would get a kick out of the sheer stupidity and gullibility of people. FacePalm on 3

:D

link

Attachments

samiwas

macrumors 68000
Aug 26, 2006
Atlanta, GA
I'm always amazed at how quickly people's intelligence seems to drop off the moment they sign on to the internet. This is the latest example of that. Multiple people whom I'm friends with have already shared this photo, believing it to be real.

I wanted to share this on MacRumors because I feel everyone here would get a kick out of the sheer stupidity and gullibility of people. FacePalm on 3

:D

link
I have friends who fall for this crap all the time. It takes five seconds to figure out that it's fake.

EM2013

macrumors 68020
Sep 2, 2013
Hahaha stuff like this is always hilarious, people are so desperate for 'likes' it's ridiculous.

Jessica Lares

macrumors G3
Oct 31, 2009
Near Dallas, Texas, USA
I used to go on this website where people would give you their old stuff in exchange for points so they could buy even more crap. I used to use it as a way to just get rid of stuff that wouldn't do well on eBay.

This reminds me of that Facebook page because a lot of people that use that website are just as naive as the people who would believe that Apple was giving away free iPads. And that is precisely how people got scammed pretty much everyday on that website and frequently got away with it.

Lots of people want to believe that someone is giving away $500 of old Xbox 360 games, they want to believe that someone doesn't want their iPad anymore, and they want to believe that a 32" flat screen TV is going to show up on their front door if they end up winning the auction.

These are the people who don't put a value for money, who think that they're entitled to anything and everything.

And the sad thing about it is that most of the people who continue to dedicate themselves to that website, are unemployed people wasting their government benefits shipping out their stuff, just so they can maybe get an Xbox, Kindle Fire, Nexus 7/10, etc or Apple product for "free".

You can't do anything but laugh, yeah.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.