Apple's First arrived - First served

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by LeKiD, Feb 16, 2008.

1. LeKiD macrumors regular

LeKiD

Hey guys, just want to know if I've been lied by Apple's rep.

I ordered on JANUARY 28TH this machine...

Two 2.8GHz Quad-Core Intel Xeo
    2GB (2x1GB)
    NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GT 512MB
    320GB 7200-rpm Serial ATA 3Gb
    One 16x SuperDrive
    AirPort Extreme Card (Wi-Fi)
    APPLE WIRELESS MIGHTY MOUSE
    WIRELESS KEYBD/ OS X-CAN.
    Country Kit

Are there any others who ordered the same configuration AFTER mine... and got it? I just want to see if it's really first arrived - first served as it's been said to me. Please, let me know your Country too please!

2. MikeL macrumors 6502

Give it a rest. Go out and enjoy the day, if you can. You'll not accomplish anything here other than getting yourself more upset over something that you cannot control.

3. LeKiD thread starter macrumors regular

LeKiD

D Day... Not even prepared to ship

All those waiting days and I was expecting an earlier shipping day. It's now the 19th, my shipping date, and no change in sight... NOT YET SHIPPED.

What's the next step!? Wait more... but besides!?

4. kittiyut macrumors regular

kittiyut

That's very unfortunate. I ordered mine 16th Jan. Original ship date is Feb 20th (ground) due to arrive Feb 26th. Shipped Sat. Feb 9th, arrive 14th!

I suggest you wait. Canceling and reordering will only prolong your waiting time.

5. LeKiD thread starter macrumors regular

LeKiD

The worst in that is that I've been in contact a lot with Apple. They filled me up with "everything is going according to plan, first arrived-first served" bulls*it.

Now, I guess that they have until 11:59 PM today to do their move.

6. student_trap macrumors 68000

student_trap

this really isn't on, and makes me wish (i actually cant believe that im going to say this!) that osx was a viable option (i.e. not illegal) on other hardware. Call them again and ask to speak to a supervisor, dont be rude, but dont let them walk over you, you have waited long enough!

7. OnePumpChump macrumors regular

OnePumpChump

Yeah, that's BS, you have every right to be pissed. I would definately call and complain, obviously something is messed up. I ordered mine on 2/15 and it has already shipped! Only 1 week to order and deliver.

8. LeKiD thread starter macrumors regular

LeKiD

I have already talked to the Executive Relations last week... so I guess I will give him another talk today and I'll transcript our sweet discussion. This dude is a step further than the 1 (800) line. Hope it's going to move something.

As a dude said once on a thread... I am tired... really, really, tired.

9. kirkbross macrumors 6502a

kirkbross

You have no case.

There are no guarantees that you will get your machine at any particular time -- even within the window Apple prescribes -- let alone before people who ordered after you. There is no contract or fine print promising you an exact delivery date, or any date for that matter. There are hundreds of factors that go into how and when orders are filled and shipped.

If you are unhappy with Apple, refuse delivery when the computer finally arrives, get a 100% refund and shop elsewhere.

10. LeKiD thread starter macrumors regular

LeKiD

But Kirk, I think we've all got that. I'm not going to ask for a free computer there using some fine prints... since, you are right, there are not.

Though, like any respectable company, Apple is suppose to deliver a service, and like any other company they should take blows when there is an evident lack of managing. In that case, there is an issue. The matter is that Apple refuses to see this problem and I'm the wrong one in this "no case". So, people haven't been receiving there Mac Pros in few days when I've been waiting for almost a month.

It ain't a question of shopping elsewhere for me, but it is for Apple. They want happy customers, they don't want a bad name. It's not a juridical fight here... I only want to be heard and taking care of... throw in the fact that Apple should see that they have poorly managed the shipping of their product.

Sorry for my English, ain't my first language!

11. MikeL macrumors 6502

You're still jumping the gun.

Once your shipping date has passed, you've got a leg to stand on. Before then? Nope.

Relax. It is just a computer. You've survived without it, and the world won't end if you can't get Steve Jobs to personally deliver it this afternoon.

12. t0mat0 macrumors 603

t0mat0

Well, let's start off with where you're ordering from and to - UK or US? You'll have different customer rights etc.
    E.g. a 28 day delivery in the UK is expected to be the maximum usually unless told otherwise.
    Is it for business? Loss of business delivery timeframe might go through a different channel. You might also get more from a phone call than an email. Dates, estimated times, etc. have you been billed yet?
    Lots of things you could do.