Apple's First Mexican Store and Sixth Hong Kong Store Open Next Week

Discussion in 'Mac Blog Discussion' started by MacRumors, Sep 15, 2016.

1. MacRumors macrumors bot

MacRumors

[​IMG]

Apple has announced that its first retail store in Mexico, located at the Centro Santa Fe shopping mall in Mexico City, will open on Saturday, September 24 at 11:00 a.m. local time. Apple's sixth retail store in Hong Kong, located at the apm shopping mall, also opens on Thursday, September 22 at 11:00 a.m. local time.

[​IMG]

Apple is celebrating the opening of its first Mexican store with a colorful Hola México banner and a matching construction barrier at Via Santa Fe, the upscale wing of Centro Santa Fe, the largest shopping mall in Latin America. The store, first rumored in January, will be located on the upper level of the shopping mall.

Apple's sixth retail store in Hong Kong will be located at 418 Kwun Tong Road in the Kwun Tong district. The store will be open seven days a week between 11 a.m. local time and 11:00 p.m. local time. Apple's other five stores in Hong Kong are located at Canton Road, Causeway Bay, Festival Walk, IFC Mall, and New Town Plaza.

September is shaping up to be a busy month for Apple retail, starting with two U.S. stores that reopened on September 2, another four locations reopening on September 10, and three more to follow on September 16.

Article Link: Apple's First Mexican Store and Sixth Hong Kong Store Open Next Week

2. ArtOfWarfare macrumors G3

ArtOfWarfare

As a US company, it seems really weird to me that it took Apple so long to open a location in Mexico. I feel like you'd go to Mexico before a lot of the European countries that Apple is already in...

3. nameste macrumors regular

4. thisisnotmyname macrumors 68000

thisisnotmyname

It's about revenue, not proximity.

5. 2457282 Suspended

As Apple is finding in India, sometimes it has nothing to do with revenue or proximity. Regulations and protectionism sometimes are the reasons why one market takes longer than another.

6. techpr macrumors 6502

techpr

7. majkom macrumors 65816

And still no store in Czech/Slovak rep., Austria, Hungary and Poland... Thx apple for being 3rd rate customer

8. TheGenerous macrumors 6502a

TheGenerous

Genius's, Geniuses, Geniuses's, Genii's, jobs

9. hagr182 macrumors regular

It was way overdue, it´s also just a few blocks away from my apartment!! although I won´t be buying anything from them, even with the crazy usd to pesos exchange rate, it´s cheaper to just buy whatever it is I need from Apple on the states when visiting family or going on business.

Seriously, prices here are hundreds of dollars more expensive over here, specially when it comes to the iPhone or iPad lines (guess they decided the watch was expensive enough as it is)

10. mcfrazieriv macrumors 6502a

mcfrazieriv

Funny, but a Genius Job isn't entry level. Try again.

11. drumcat macrumors 6502a

drumcat

We'll make 'em build an Apple store, and make them pay for it, too!

12. 1applerules1 macrumors regular

Cool countries first

13. Relentless Power macrumors Penryn

Relentless Power

That's a cool looking Muriel for the Mexico Store.

14. iKrl macrumors regular

Honestly with the USD/MXN at 19.34 I think it is not that bad. I think what increases it even more is the 16% tax whereas in many US states it's usually about half that.

15. Bubba Satori Suspended

Bubba Satori

I'm surprised there's any Mexicans left in Mexico.
    Viva Azatlan via Reconquista.

16. ajsahi9211 macrumors newbie

ajsahi9211

it is good news. apple will be available in mexico . and people reach latest technology more sharply