Status
Not open for further replies.

JOD8FY

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 22, 2004
United States
Hi Everyone,

I'm taking a trip out to California this summer and I would like to visit Apple's flagship store (my local Apple Store is in a mall :rolleyes: ). On Apple's retail site, it lists several stores in California (none particularly in Cupertino), but I was wondering which one of them was Apple's flagship store. Is there more than one? Which one do you guys like the best? Which one is the biggest?

Thanks,
JOD8FY

jaw04005

macrumors 601
Aug 19, 2003
AR
Apple's current flagship stores:

North Michigan Ave, Chicago, IL
Stockton Street ,San Francisco, CA
SoHo, New York, NY

Regent Street, London, U.K
Shinsaibashi, Japan

These stores are noticeably bigger and are stand-alone. The majority of the other stores are in up-scale indoor and outdoor malls in suburban areas.

http://www.apple.com/retail/

jaw04005

macrumors 601
Aug 19, 2003
AR
At one point, Apple had an official Company Store at their headquarters. Not sure if they still exists if you plan on visiting infinite loop.

I think you could purchase T-shirts and gift items.

James L

macrumors 6502a
Apr 14, 2004
I have been to the San Francisco and the Soho stores... they are basically the same and both really rock.

Plus, I just love SF!

There IS a store at the Apple Campus, and is actually the only place that you can get Apple logo clothing that I know of.

I especially love the black t-shirt that says "I visited the mothership" on it!

:D

JOD8FY

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 22, 2004
United States
Thanks for the replies.

Has anyone been to the San Francisco store? What were your impressions? Is it one of those "mulitple level" (as in more than one story) stores? I'm really excited to see it.

Thanks again,
JOD8FY

Mr LuLu

macrumors member
Jun 11, 2005
www.bottleofbroon.co.uk
We've got two stores over here now and two more coming later in the year but I still haven't been to either of them! :eek:

I'm such a geek but I'm really looking forward to getting to London to see our flagship store!

el greenerino

macrumors regular
Jul 7, 2003
I've been to the SoHo, NY and SF flagships and prefer the SF one because it matches the powermacs and powerbooks :)

liketom

macrumors 601
Apr 8, 2004
Lincoln,UK
el greenerino said:
I've been to the SoHo, NY and SF flagships and prefer the SF one because it matches the powermacs and powerbooks :)
SoHo Store was really cool and so is the store in SF all silver outside is very cool . but i think that the London Store is the best yet THAT is the Flagship store for Europe well until Paris get's there's

:)

Freg3000

macrumors 68000
Sep 22, 2002
New York
Both the NY and London stores are cool in that the exteriors are not Apple desgined, but rather old buildings that have been restored. Apple has just "invdaded" in the inside of the building, making it really nice.

iAlan

macrumors 65816
Dec 11, 2002
Gotta luv Apple Stores

I have been to 2 of the 3 stores in Japan (Ginza and Shinsaibashi), several in the USA (sorry if I get the names wrong I don't know US geograph so well..New York SoHo, LA Farmers Market, Miami The Grove, New Jersey Bridgewater Mall) have yet to visit any stores in London (will be ther in July on Business so will try to stop by).

But I must say GINZA is by far teh best. Bigger than Shinsaibashi so it should be the flagship store for Japan, 4 floors and an amazing glass elevator. Plus the huge rotating logo on the top of the building

runninmac

macrumors 65816
Jan 20, 2005
Rockford MI
In about a month im going to NYC and visting the SOHO store then in the fall im going to Chicago so I will get to go to the NMA store that ive seen before ands very nice. And a apple store is opening 15 mins from my house Saterday.

dotdotdot

macrumors 68020
Jan 23, 2005
Guys, say the SoHo store - New york has a ton of Apple stores, one which is expanding - the westchester mall - which is under 1 hour away!

Status
Not open for further replies.