Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Apple today announced that its Everyone Can Create curriculum is now available in English on Apple Books for Mac, iPad, and iPhone. Apple says additional languages will be available by the end of 2018.

everyone-can-create-ipad.jpg

Everyone Can Create is designed to allow teachers to easily incorporate creativity into their existing lesson plans in any subject, including language arts, math, science, history, social studies, and coding. The series of guides teach students to develop ideas through drawing, music, video, and photos on iPad.

Apple's marketing chief Phil Schiller:
We believe Apple technology can help unleash every child's creative genius. Working closely with teachers, we have built the Everyone Can Create curriculum to help bring creative expression and the arts into the classroom, and to help students stay engaged through creativity and ultimately be more successful.
Apple says that, since releasing a preview of Everyone Can Create in March, more than 350 schools around the world have adopted the curriculum.

Apple Stores are also using Everyone Can Create in their Teacher Tuesday sessions. 504 stores in 24 countries have already taught over 5,000 hands-on Teacher Tuesday sessions on topics including coding and app design, video and music creation, and creative visual presentations, according to Apple.

Everyone Can Create includes four student guides for drawing, music, video, and photos, available for free in Apple Books. A companion teacher guide helps bring these projects to life, with 300 lesson ideas across media, projects, and subjects.

Article Link: Apple's Free 'Everyone Can Create' Music, Drawing, Photos, and Video Guides Now Available on Apple Books

Populus

macrumors 601
Aug 24, 2012
Spain, Europe
Good, I'll take a look at it, BUT how about a guide or a manual to learn how to create on a Mac with, say, GarageBand, iMovie, or even better, Logic Pro X and Final Cut Pro X?

Those tutorials would be awesome for those like me who want to get into content creation, and use a Mac rather than an iPad.

I'm open to suggestions.

Reactions: DeepIn2U

nattK

macrumors 6502a
Sep 17, 2014
The Upside Down
Good, I'll take a look at it, BUT how about a guide or a manual to learn how to create on a Mac with, say, GarageBand, iMovie, or even better, Logic Pro X and Final Cut Pro X?

Those tutorials would be awesome for those like me who want to get into content creation, and use a Mac rather than an iPad.

I'm open to suggestions.

There are already guides on how to use GarageBand, iMovie, Logic Pro X, and Final Cut Pro, etc on for the Mac. You just need to search the Book Store on Apple Books.

DaveTheRave

macrumors 6502a
May 22, 2003
Seems like a smart way to hook them to Apple devices ;)
Nice idea, but if they really want to succeed in the classroom they need to really change their pricing model and I’m not talking about a mere $30 education discount.

Schools are always short on cash which explains the popularity of chrome books.

Reactions: filchermcurr

Populus

macrumors 601
Aug 24, 2012
Spain, Europe
There are already guides on how to use GarageBand, iMovie, Logic Pro X, and Final Cut Pro, etc on for the Mac. You just need to search the Book Store on Apple Books.
Okay, I'll take a look, but it would have been awesome if they were official guides from Apple like this ones.
As I said, I'll do a quick search when I'm at home. Thank you.

Jimmy James

macrumors 603
Oct 26, 2008
Magicland
Speaking generally one has nearly unlimited opportunity to create and consume with a smart device. I don’t understand people who say they’re “bored” with their phone. Small mind syndrome.

Reactions: DeepIn2U

DeepIn2U

macrumors G5
May 30, 2002
Toronto, Ontario, Canada

I'm open to suggestions.

YouTube for now.
[doublepost=1538454989][/doublepost]
Should have named it Anyone Can Cook.

But Yan-Can-Cook from the late 70’s to early 80’s already has creative show and content (maybe patent) on that ;) /s
[doublepost=1538455061][/doublepost]
Okay, I'll take a look, but it would have been awesome if they were official guides from Apple like this ones.
As I said, I'll do a quick search when I'm at home. Thank you.

Apple previously had listings as On Your Mac series via their site. Short 5mins videos back in the OSX days before this Maverick and other renaming junk started.

ChinkyBob

macrumors regular
Oct 10, 2014

I'm open to suggestions.
Garage band and iMovie also on iPad.

Suspended
Aug 29, 2015
When I click on above link, nothing shows, just spinning and spinning.

Canadian account

slwiser

macrumors member
Oct 26, 2012
I really do not like the changes in iOS 12. I can't select and move multiple files now to new categoties. This has to be done now individually. This is also in files. Searching now is global to the whole internet rather than My own Books and pdfs. The layout is more global to the whole internet rather than My personal books and pdfs. Can't delete groups of selected files in Books or Files.

Just more confusing overall.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.