Apple's free iPod Touch doesn't come with a charger?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by SephirothXR, Jul 30, 2009.

1. SephirothXR macrumors 6502

I've had the free 8GB iPod Touch for a while now after my MBP came a week ago and I'm still trying to sell it on craigslist, and it just hit me that there isn't a charger that came with it. Unless it's hidden inside the actual box of the iPod Touch, or if I accidentally threw away the part of the box that had it, I'm either going to have to tell the buyer that s/he has to buy another charger, or sell him/her the iPod Touch and right as he gets home, he'll realize he can't use it, lol. So did it come with a charger or what?

2. thegoldenmackid macrumors 604

thegoldenmackid

You bought a computer with it, I suppose Apple thinks that that counts as a charger.

3. MacMini2009 macrumors 68000

MacMini2009

4. madog macrumors 65816

madog

None of the iPods come with a wall charger. In order to transfer music/movies/pictures to the device, you would need a computer (unless one purchases %100 of their music from the iTunes store, which isn't likely) in which case the iPod is charged while it is plugged in. Only the iPhone comes with a wall charger as one can use it, for its most basic function as a cell phone, without a computer.

5. wopper macrumors newbie

Ipod's never have chargers included, only iphones.

6. SephirothXR thread starter macrumors 6502

Yea my house has 3 iPhones, we have 3 wall chargers, lol, it wouldn't have been a problem if I would be using the iPod Touch (but I won't b/c I have an iPhone 3GS), but I'll just tell the guy as he buys it that these never come with chargers anyways and that he can buy one from the nearest AT&T store (closest Apple Store 1.5 hours away) or get it cheap off of Amazon.

7. Z06jerry macrumors regular

8. tempusfugit macrumors 65816

theres absolutely no need for a wall charger imo. The ipod lasts quite a long time (doesn't constantly use signal like the iphone) and if you have an ipod, you obviously have a computer to plug into.

9. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

Sadly, the iPod has never had a wall charger adapter. I can remember seeing a wall charger for the first time for an iPod was probably in 2004. I remember looking at it and wondering "what the hell is this cable for?" lol :p:p:p

10. joeshell383 macrumors 6502a

That is wrong. Apple used to include a wall charger in the box--- that stopped years ago, though.

Apple used to include docks in iPhone boxes, that stopped with the iPhone 3G.

11. andrew12090 macrumors member

you are very correct sir, I remember recieving a huge firewire 400 power adapter when I bought my ipod 20gb with the monocromatic screen

12. Krafty macrumors 601

Krafty

I still have that charger, too.

13. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

So, the iPod had the wall charger USB adapter in the very beginning? Because I know they've had the FIREWIRE charger, but I've never seen the USB adapter in the box of a new iPod. Maybe it's just me, but I could be wrong....:confused::eek:

14. butterfly0fdoom macrumors 6502a

IIRC, the classic came with the FW charger until the photo and stopped including the charger when the 5 Gen was released while the mini had always included the USB charger. I could be wrong, though. I probably am, actually.

15. hamish5178 macrumors member

Yes, they stopped including them a while ago. It has nothing to do with the fact that it was free.

I have one of those wall-wart FW iPod chargers that came with my 20Gig 4th Gen iPod.

The really annoying thing is that it won't work with my iPod touch!

16. alexh123drum macrumors member

Iv still got my wall charger from my old ipod photo. Its great for charging the families ipods in a hurry.

17. puckhead193 macrumors G3

puckhead193

amen, i still have mine from my 3 generation ipod. (the one where the buttons are touch sensitive and light up red) Serves me well when i'm on va-ca

18. Scottsdale macrumors 601

Scottsdale

That is NOT true. My first two iPods had wall chargers... iPod second generation and iPod 30 GB Video. Since then, nope...

It's only $7.99 to buy a usb charger. Then you plug the cable the iPod Touch comes with into the USB charger... can buy one for a car for $14.99.