Apple's great customer service

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by rajpatel, Apr 25, 2014.

1. rajpatel macrumors regular

I must say, I got a taste of this legendary customer service for the first time yesterday. My iPhone quit working unplugged, but worked fine plugged in. I tolerated it for a few days, then the nuisance factor and fear of electrocution overwhelmed my laziness. Plus the whole coolness of iPhone is no cord. Anyway, Apple was great bout it and replaced my phone with new one. And the girl at the apple store was super helpful. I bought a retina mini in nov and exchanged for air in dec and frankly despised the experience both times. Yesterday was completely different. I think women are just better suited to this sort of thing, maybe.

2. iKaushal macrumors 6502

iKaushal

:) apple customer service is excellent.

I have got my ipad 2, iphone 5 exchanged under warranty without any fuss.

And recently they replaced my logic board for MacBook Pro in a jiffy.

3. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

This is one reason why I choose Apple over their competitors. There are other reasons but the fact they are consumer focused is a huge advantage.

4. Newtons Apple macrumors Pentium

Newtons Apple

I have seldom needed service on any of my Apple products but when I did, you could not find better people to deal with.

5. mjschabow macrumors 65816

6. T5BRICK macrumors 604

T5BRICK

If your defective phone was still covered under warranty I'm not sure why it's such a surprise that it was replaced.

Either way, I'm glad they worked it out for you.

7. rajpatel thread starter macrumors regular

I do not have apple care nor really know what it is, I guess a warranty thing. But Apple was great anyway. My iPhone was seven months old. They took it into the back and said they examined it for water and other types of damage and found none and were replacing with a new one under the one year limited parts warranty. It was a simple problem. The phone worked fine plugged in, but did nothing unplugged. So it was clearly the battery

----------

To answer the above question, to me it was surprising because it is the first time in life I can recall having a problem with an electrical gadget fixed with replacement by a new one, usually I go to places just to be told my laptop mite as well be thrown away

8. Cubytus macrumors 65816

Yeah, that's common with non-Apple hardware. A neighbor of mine couldn't lay his hands on a simple battery for a 2-year old phone, which was working fine. Nowhere they had batteries. Others couldn't have their PC laptop repaired for a decent fee. It was always at least 2/3 of the price of a new one.

9. C DM macrumors Westmere

I've actually had quite a few different phones replaced (within the warranty period) generally through the carrier (Verizon) in the past without much trouble.

10. Cubytus macrumors 65816

Oh, they surely do the same here. Only remember phones tend to fail right after the warranty period, but before you're eligible for a same-price replacement on-contract.

11. CharlieBrandt09 macrumors 6502

CharlieBrandt09

I would rank Apple #1 in a neck-and-neck tie with Amazon. Both companies have been an absolute pleasure to deal with customer service wise.

On the bottom of that list...somewhere around #87623 I would place Comcast...yuck.

12. Newtons Apple macrumors Pentium

Newtons Apple

I, too, hope there is a special place in hell for comcast. They are an example why there should be competition, so what does our government do, they let them get bigger.

13. The-Real-Deal82 macrumors 601

The-Real-Deal82

I've always had good experiences with Apple customer care here in the UK. They replace phones under 12 months old with minimal fuss. As I said on another thread they can get tricky when its slightly out of warranty, or the warranty they outline at least. My wife had a 13 month old iPhone 4 replaced after a bit of a wrangle with them. In the EU you should be covered on electrical items for a minimum of 24 months, although Apple aren't so keen to honour this. If you know your stuff and how to argue it, they have no choice but to give you the service you deserve. Getting things replaced in the first 12 months is no problem at all. :)