Apple's iCloud Service Down for Some Users [Update: Fixed]

Discussion in 'iOS Blog Discussion' started by MacRumors, Dec 5, 2016.

1. MacRumors macrumors bot

MacRumors

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Apple's iCloud service appears to be down or working slowly for many users, according to reports sent in by MacRumors readers and comments on Twitter.

Customers who are affected by the outage are not able to log into the iCloud website and are receiving server error messages. iCloud features like Calendar and mail are also not working for users in areas where iCloud is down.

Apple's System Status page is not currently reporting an iCloud outage, but Apple often does not update the page until outages are resolved or close to being cleared up. There's no word on how long the outage might last, but most of the time, connection issues are resolved quickly.

Update: Apple's System Status page is now reporting an issue with iCloud Web Apps, which appear to have been unavailable for some users since 11:00 a.m. Pacific Time.

Update 2: As of 2:50 p.m. Pacific Time, Apple's System Status page suggests the iCloud outage has been resolved.

Article Link: Apple's iCloud Service Down for Some Users [Update: Fixed]

2. BittenApple macrumors 6502a

BittenApple

3. Aluminum213 macrumors 68040

Aluminum213

4. 555gallardo macrumors regular

555gallardo

One might conspire it's down for people that may bash Apple when it does something wrong (including me)

5. Drecca macrumors regular

6. mark-in-mk macrumors regular

Yup, went down about 15 mins ago for me in UK

7. Fuchal macrumors 68020

Apple just sent my 15 year old mac.com a Welcome to iCloud email :rolleyes:

8. LordQ Suspended

LordQ

Yep, I can't log in to iCloud web—annoying.

9. Eniregnat macrumors 68000

Eniregnat

Down for me. Can't use Find My iPhone. Found it without the service, but oddly no location data could be found, even for the devices I was holding. While the service listed all of my devices, it couldn't find any of them, nor could it send them any data.

10. MH01 macrumors G4

MH01

Situation normal, move along, nothing to see here ...

11. Benlehot macrumors member

12. AstroRob macrumors newbie

AstroRob

Yup, down for me in Pasadena, CA. And I got the same 'welcome to iCloud' email as well.

It's really irksome that Apple's status page doesn't indicate anything useful like current outages.

13. justperry macrumors 604

justperry

I normally almost never use the web access page but I did about half an hour ago and yes it was much slower than I was used to when I accessed it last time.

Edit: Just tried again, works here (Europe) but slow.

14. BittenApple macrumors 6502a

BittenApple

entire accounts are down not just access to the web portal

15. captain cadet macrumors 6502

I had an email from apple saying "welcome to iCloud" - I thought my account had been hacked! Panic stations for a few moment!

16. weup togo macrumors regular

OS X threw an error and logged me out, took half a dozen tries to get back in. Logging into iCloud.com says "Due to account maintenance, iCloud is currently unavailable."

Sure would be professional of them to keep the status page current, so I can tell if my account has been hacked (as happened on Christmas morning two years ago) or if it's just them ****ing up the back end again.

17. JAdmiral macrumors member

What's the point of a system status page if they're not going to update it until AFTER they resolve it?

18. justperry macrumors 604

justperry

Yes, I am aware of that, but it all seems to work here (The Netherlands) so it seems to me it might be localised to the states, or parts of the states.

19. patmacintosh macrumors newbie

Might be connected to the iCloud beta stuff for photos...

20. avanpelt macrumors 68030

I've been getting invalid user ID/password on my iCloud account in BusyCal for the past hour. I thought it was an isolated incident so I created a new app-specific password for BusyCal and entered it. The error message persisted. Then, just a few minutes ago, I got an error on my Mac saying that it couldn't connect to iCloud because of a problem with my account. Lovely. I'm sure alarm bells are going off in Cupertino as we speak.

21. k1121j macrumors 6502a

k1121j

me to now every time I try to login it I get en email saying someone logged in via the web then it kicks me out. :( yep system status page is useless
    --- Post Merged, Dec 5, 2016 ---
    find my iphone app works fine on the iphone right now LOL if you have a second device it would help but if you dont :(

22. JH64 macrumors newbie

No it is not. I am from the Netherlands as well and suddenly noticed that mail from my iCloud account wasn't coming in anymore. Can't log in on appleid.apple.com either.

23. phixer64 macrumors newbie

phixer64

24. brian3uk macrumors regular

iCloud signed me out on iPhone, web apps do not work, iMessage also not working. Apple just piling on the good stuff lately.

25. Biff... macrumors 6502a

Biff...

Down for me as well, Sherman Oaks CA. Anyone getting a request to enter your password?