apples in ear headphones, wtf?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by velvetelvis, Aug 24, 2009.

1. velvetelvis macrumors 6502

velvetelvis

so my second pair of the in ear headphones died. the same thing again. the earpiece with the mic decided it didnt want to work anymore. why, why, why? what did i do other than use them? am i supposed to put them in a glass case and just look at them, but never use them? very frustrating... well, off to the apple store to get them replaced, again.

2. run-kmc macrumors member

Huh. I've never had Apple headphones die on me, but then again, they don't fit me, so they stay in a drawer. I suppose I could put them in a glass case.

Try it. It works for me. :D

3. thegoldenmackid macrumors 604

thegoldenmackid

They are not exactly the highest of quality in most of the differing categories.

4. abijnk macrumors 68040

abijnk

Never had an issue with mine and I use them all the time...

5. SuperKat macrumors regular

Hey...

You know, now that you mention it...
    My earpieces are good, the pause button works, but the +/- doesn't do anything.
    Am I doing something wrong or do you think mine are broken too?

6. The General macrumors 601

Do you have a 2nd generation iPod touch, an iPhone 3G S, a 3rd generation iPod shuffle, a 120GB iPod classic or a 4th generation iPod nano? If not, the volume buttons won't work.

7. E3BK macrumors 68020

E3BK

My right ear piece stopped working a few weeks ago. The mic and controls still work but no sound comes out on that side. Only had them since March. But Apple is sending a replacement, no hassle :)

8. TheCheapGeek macrumors 6502

Thats odd I have had mine since they were released with no issues at all.

9. fishmd macrumors 68000

fishmd

Basically the mic/button thing is a pile. If you even stare at it with a bead of sweat running down your face, it will short out and quit operating properly. I found this out all too many times. Finally I just gave up. Now I just use my UE's. Much better sound quality anyways. :)

10. SuperKat macrumors regular

Oh

Thanks General. I have a plain, old 8 month old 3G. I guess that's why! :p
    Cheers for your reply.

11. iPhone 62S macrumors 6502a

iPhone 62S

Yeah they're crap, I had a pair that fell apart in my ears (I took them out my ears and the actual speaker part just came out).

Just get better quality headphones, the ones that Apple include are somewhat of a afterthought.

12. Ferris23 macrumors 68020

They aren't crap. Read the post he isn't talking about the ones apple throws in the box. All products have a failure rate. Is the Iphone crap? Because if you go in the Iphone forum people have problems all the time.

I have had my in ear headphones for about 4 months and use them ALL the time at the gym, at home and they are flawless.

Things break, get a warranty replacement.

13. labman macrumors 604

labman

I used mine maybe

5 minutes I just don't like the Style look and feel of the headphones. Also sound quality is just ok.

14. wwooden macrumors 68000

wwooden

I used to run with my set of the Apple in-ears; every time after about 20 minutes, they would get a little sweat dew, and start randomly pausing/starting the music. I would eventually just pull them out of my ears because I couldn't do anything about it.

Now, the remote doesn't even work to pause or skip tracks. The only thing I like about the headset if they feel pretty good in my ears.

15. daihard macrumors 6502a

daihard

They now ship them with the 3GS's. :)

I have no quality problem with those in-ear headphones. I don't use them because (1) their left/right cords are of equal length and I can't hang the headphones on my neck, and (2) none of the three different-sized earbuds fit me well.

16. micsaund macrumors 6502

micsaund

The original headphones that came with my 6GB Mini (yeah, the old aluminum hard drive model) developed an intermittent break in the cables eventually, which was annoying.

My current iPhone 3G phones don't see daily use, but thus far, they are holding-up. I keep them in the car so use them when I'm away from my usual headphones. The Apple phones aren't the greatest quality in either sound or build quality, but they seem to do the trick for my occasional use.

17. SchneiderMan macrumors G3

SchneiderMan

If you pay me i wouldnt use apple earphones. i would look into getting high quality in-ears, like: Ultimate ears, klipsch, turbine, denon..