Apple's iOS App Store Will Top $100B Paid Out to Developers This Week, Ahead of 10th Anniversary in July

Discussion in 'iOS Blog Discussion' started by MacRumors, Jun 4, 2018.

  1. MacRumors macrumors bot

    MacRumors

    Joined:
    Apr 12, 2001
    #1
    [​IMG]


    During its WWDC keynote earlier today, Apple took a moment to celebrate the upcoming tenth anniversary of the iOS App Store, which opened to the world in July 2008. Apple CEO Tim Cook said that this week the App Store will hit its next major milestone: the money that developers have earned through the App Store will exceed $100 billion.

    [​IMG]

    In total, Cook mentioned that there are more than 20 million registered third-party developers, and more than 500 million customers visiting the storefront on iPhone and iPad every week. Cook went on to say that over the past ten years, the App Store has enabled "countless new companies" and created "tens of millions of new jobs."
    In iOS 11, Apple overhauled the App Store with an all-new look that introduced editorialized content that points readers towards new apps and games each day. Next, Apple is bringing a similar visual update to the Mac App Store in macOS Mojave later in 2018.

    There were plenty of other announcements that came out of Apple's WWDC keynote today, so be sure to head over to our recap post to catch up with the latest stories.

    Article Link: Apple's iOS App Store Will Top $100B Paid Out to Developers This Week, Ahead of 10th Anniversary in July
     
  2. nwcs macrumors 68000

    nwcs

    Joined:
    Sep 21, 2009
    Location:
    Tennessee
    #2
    They should have a new $10,000 iTunes card giveaway like they did for a few of the other milestones.
     
  3. Kabeyun macrumors 68020

    Kabeyun

    Joined:
    Mar 27, 2004
    Location:
    Eastern USA
    #3
    “This week, Apple's iOS App Store Will Top $100B Paid Out to Developers, Ahead of 10th Anniversary in July“

    Corrected to eliminate ambiguity. Otherwise, that’s one hell of a week.
     
  4. NexusUser macrumors member

    NexusUser

    Joined:
    Aug 24, 2016
    #4
    I'm other news, Apple's made $30 billion of of the app store
     
  5. MotorMikey macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Jun 4, 2018
    #5
    Can someone please total gross revenue for Apple during the same time period for context??
     
  6. hybroid macrumors regular

    hybroid

    Joined:
    Aug 12, 2010
    #6
    That's not how Maths works. If 70% is 100 Billion, the remainder 30% isn't 30 Billion.
     
  7. MotorMikey macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Jun 4, 2018
    #7
    Damn he’s right. Should have said:

    In other news Apple made $42 billion off of the App Store.
     
  8. tennisproha macrumors 65816

    Joined:
    Jun 24, 2011
    Location:
    Texas
    #8
    I hope they do some good app giveouts like they've done for past milestones! Useful apps please, not stupid games!
     
  9. truthertech macrumors 68000

    Joined:
    Jun 24, 2016
    #9

    Don't make his head hurt. He's trying to twist the fact that Apple put $100 billion dollars in the hands of developers into something negative, give him a break.
     
  10. MotorMikey macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Jun 4, 2018
    #10
    I looked it up. During the past 10 years Apple has grossed 1.4 Trillion.
     

Share This Page

9 June 4, 2018