Apple's iPad case (which will be faster? store or online?)

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by California King, Apr 13, 2010.

1. California King macrumors 65816

Which do you think will be faster with restocking more of Apple's iPad cases? Apple.com says it will ship in 2-3 week, any chance stores will have them before then?

2. Roy Hobbs macrumors 68000

Roy Hobbs

I went to the local Apple Store yesterday and they had a ton of them.

3. fishmd macrumors 68000

fishmd

This will vary a lot depending on your location. I know all three Apple stores around me have been out since launch. They get a few in periodically, but they have been going right back out the door when they do get them in. Even the Best Buys around me are out.

Other people say their stores seem to be full of them. I don't know.

I just went ahead and ordered on online. I am still calling the local stores each day too. I figure if I get to pick one up in the store, I will just cancel the order.:)

4. DravenGSX macrumors 6502a

Stores near me have stated that they don't expect any before the beginning of May.

5. JohnRN macrumors member

JohnRN

Mine has none in Birmingham, AL. So my votes online. :)

6. Maaz macrumors 6502a

I will tell my friend to do this also. We have been looking for one since Thursday.

7. HelloMikee macrumors 6502a

HelloMikee

FWIW i'm returning mine. The edges are rough creating a crease on your skin if it's laying on it somehow. It's a dust magnet in and out of the case, dust gets stuck inside the edge of the case as well. It makes me nuts.

I find myself taking it in and out because I'm cleaning the iPad. If you clean the screen with the case on, all the dust just goes into the edges.

I think I'm the kind of user to be better off with a sleeve.

8. fishmd macrumors 68000

fishmd

Also fwiw, I went into an Apple store today as I was already there next door for something. The guy I spoke with who I know said they are not expecting any more until the end of the month at the earliest. He said if you order it online, chances are you will get it before they get any new ones in the store.