Apple's iPhone Inventory Checker DOES NOT WORK!!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by brianjasper, Jul 12, 2008.

1. brianjasper macrumors newbie

Just popped by the Chestnut Street Apple Store and there are about 50 people in line Saturday at 8:45 (BEFORE THE STORE OPENNED).... Despite the Apple Website claiming availability of all 3 iPhone flavors the Apple Employees were walking up and down the line saying 16 GB Black were Sold Out.... WTF? The store hadn't even opened yet...

So add another misstep by Apple... The online store inventory website doesn't even work....

As PE said, DON'T TRUST IT!!!
    http://www.apple.com/retail/iphone/availability.html?state=CA

2. calvy macrumors 65816

Same crap here in St Louis Galleria mall. I went this morning at 8am and was told they didn't have the phone I wanted. I'm quite sick of this stupid game all these manufacturers play with making people wait for stock. And the activation process for these phones is killing me. The wait in line is longer than lines at an amusement park.

3. D3lta macrumors 6502a

Most Apple stores closed at around 11pm-12am yesterday. The stock thing automatically updates everyday at 9pm because that's when the stores usually close. So your phone probably sold out after 9pm, so it doesn't show up.

4. viggen61 macrumors 6502

Nobody made anyone wait in line for hours. You do that of your own choice.

The inventory checker probably was accurate AT SOME POINT. But if these stores are anything like the ones here, they stayed open WELL PAST the nominal 9:00 PM time that they had to report to the mothership their stock levels.

I did notice that some stores in NJ that had everything when checked last night, report now that they're out of one or more varieties (the 1GB black seems to be the most popular).

They'll make more. Once the hubbub dies down, it'll be no harder to get an iPhone than last year's MacBook...

:apple::apple:

5. pflau macrumors 6502

Yesh of course the 1G black was sold out since Friday 8AM..