Apples iPhone upgrade program?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by npolly0212, Apr 3, 2017.

1. npolly0212 macrumors 65816

hey all, I figured I would ask here since multiple people have done this.

When using the upgrade program, say I want to put it on my credit card (just to pay off monthly) do I have to have a credit limit higher than the cost of the iPhone, or do I just need to have available the amount that the first payment will be? Just curious as I haven't used it before and am looking into it.

2. Shadowbech, Apr 3, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 3, 2017

Shadowbech macrumors 68040

You just need to have the first available amount available to your credit limit.

Edit: I do also want to note that after you do the Apple iPhone Upgrade Program and you created an account on Citizens One you can change to a different Credit card or do ACH (Meaning attaching it to your Bank Account).

3. npolly0212 thread starter macrumors 65816

Awesome, thank you

Was looking into it and just confused on how it worked. Appreciate it!

4. ET iPhone Home macrumors 68040

ET iPhone Home

Has the cost of a phone become like a buying a car and a house where we now make monthly payment? I never realized that it has - insane.

5. BigMcGuire Contributor

BigMcGuire

The first payment for me was tax + first month's payment - so expect the first hit to be $130+ depending on your state/location. After that, $44.xx/mo.

It's a 0% loan so I don't consider it too evil @ET iPhone Home :p I wish I could do that for my car ... :(

6. npolly0212 thread starter macrumors 65816

I am just looking into it for the fact I can put it on my credit card and just pay that purchase off each month, can upgrade every year, and comes with AppleCare lol

I normally buy mine for full price in cash up front
    --- Post Merged, Apr 4, 2017 ---
    lol! Heck my car loan is already lower and i want it to be even less! lmao
    But thats what I thought it was like