Apple's Juniper Visa Card

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by NyMetsFan08, Aug 18, 2008.

1. NyMetsFan08 macrumors regular

Hey everyone !!! I was just wondering about the Juniper Visa Card on the Apple Store website. I just turned 18 and I want to start somewhere and build some credit up because I have no credit history. I want to get a computer before school starts and then planning to pay it all off before the 90 day period. Before I apply is it most likely I will get declined or approve. Not sure if you need excellent credit for that card. I hate to apply knowing that they will decline me. Any ideas on what I should do ? should I give it a shot ? Please let me know thanks.

2. Sky Blue Guest

Sky Blue

Yes, you need good credit for this card. Try to get a card through your bank.

3. ShaneR macrumors member

I just purchased my computer sat and applied for the Juniper card. I was accepted with no credit history, but I do have a steady income. I'm only 19 and theey approved me for 990 of my purchase price. My guess is if you have will be approved, but the amount you are approved for might depend on your income.

4. NyMetsFan08 thread starter macrumors regular

how much do you make for income yearly? just need a general idea you know what I mean. I only work part-time.

5. Eric. macrumors regular

I got denied for this (18 with no credit at the time) with around $12,000 part-time income. My dad had to put it in his name for me.

6. Dmac77 macrumors 68020

Dmac77

Didn't I just see this thread in the wasteland? Anyways, that card will require good credit, or a steady income.

FYI, it's very rude and impolite to ask how much someone makes;).

Just go and see if you'll get approved, you act like it will ruin your life if you get denied. Just apply and if you don't get financing, it's not the end of the world.

Don

7. ShaneR macrumors member

hence the reason I did not respond metsfan

8. Sky Blue Guest

Sky Blue

It's not the end of the world, but if you keep applying for different credit cards it is going to affect your credit.

9. NyMetsFan08 thread starter macrumors regular

How many credit cards applying does it take to mess it up. I applied for 2 already and now just applied for the Juniper. So that totals 3.

10. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

Generally speaking, it takes 3 to 5 points off your credit score each time you apply for credit. Your mileage may vary.

11. NyMetsFan08 thread starter macrumors regular

I am very sorry that I asked that I really don't care on how much you make. I barely make little myself part time not even reaching 10,000 a year yet. I also have a summer job I just applied and it says it needs more info so I have to wait. I had a feeling it would say that I cannot get to carried away on applying. I have a no credit history so hows does it affect it? if I apply too much I will probably lose like 6 points or something idk. I am very sorry and it was rude of me thanks again, bye.

12. NyMetsFan08 thread starter macrumors regular

A person who has no credit what number is it usually like 600 or something like that.

13. winninganthem macrumors 6502a

winninganthem

Don't buy it on a credit card unless it's American Express. American Express extends Applecare warranty for a year.

I'm 19, work part-time for about $14,000 a year, and got approved for my first credit card about 6 months ago. For a first credit card, it is very very unlikely that they will give you a high enough limit that would allow you to finance an Apple computer on it.

I got approved with a limit of $2500 (which I thought was pretty high considering it was my first), but it is still way too low for me to consider making a big purchase on it. Sure, I could charge a $2000 MacBook Pro to it, but that would already raise red flags to all the credit reporting agencies showing that I was a high risk cardholder, lowering my score.

It is recommended to only use up to 35% of your limit from month to month. Going near the maximum is frowned upon.

So yeah, if you buy a computer without your parents' credit, pay it all at once. Even if you did get approved for credit enough to cover the whole thing, it probably won't be enough to not harm your score.