Apple's LED ACD For Desktops

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by skyline r34, Dec 29, 2008.

1. skyline r34 macrumors 6502

skyline r34

I currently have a 17 inch Sylvania (Tan) and I've been saving up for a 30 inch ACD for 12 months now and I manage to put away $3,000, I know that's more then enough to purchase the current 30 inch ACD but my question to you guys is should I wait until Apple release the rest of LED Cinema Displays 20-30 Inch Displays for the desktops, I kinda like the new ones and hope it will come out at MacWorld 2009, do you guys think the rest of the LED ACD will come out at MacWorld 2009 and do you think it's worth waiting for? I'm not in a rush to purchase LED ACD because if Apple doesn't come out with adapters for mini display port then I might have to buy a new video card that supports mini display-port in order to work on my mac pro.

2. Digital Skunk macrumors 604

Digital Skunk

I say go for it now since the current 30" is still top notch.

There are better and more expensive versions out there too, so since you have the extra cash those are an option..... if you are using it professionally that is.

You can wait for MW but it's questionable if Apple will make a 30" LED, and if they do will it be for just the MacBooks or for the desktops as well. Remember that the current LED is made specifically for Macbooks because is has the power cord on the other end, which would be useless in a desktop.

Since it's so close wait, but know that you don't have to.

3. aaquib macrumors 65816

aaquib

You might as well just wait, it's only about a week longer. Either there is a new display which you'll buy and love, or there isn't one and you buy the current one which you'll buy and love.

4. dolphin842 macrumors 65816

dolphin842

Personally, I would wait to see if anything new is announced at Macworld. Even if you end up liking the current design better, the refurbs at apple.com will probably be even cheaper than they are now due to the new models.

As to the concern about the lack of miniDisplayPort adapters... they will come in time, as Apple made the design royalty-free. Check monoprice.com every now and then... it's just a matter of time before a DVI->miniDisplayPort adapter surfarces.

5. SnowLeopard2008 macrumors 604

SnowLeopard2008

No harm in waiting. They might update the display a bit.

6. ChrisN macrumors 65816

ChrisN

If anything they might go on refurb like they were awhile ago and go for dirt cheap. (If I remember correctly they were around half off)

ChrisN