Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Best Buy today has discounted Apple's M1 iPad Air (64GB Wi-Fi) to a new all-time low price of $399.99 in the Starlight color option, down from $599.99. Best Buy says this deal will last through the end of the day, and it's only available in one color at this record low price.

iPad-Air-5-Colors-16x9.jpg
Note: MacRumors is an affiliate partner with Best Buy. When you click a link and make a purchase, we may receive a small payment, which helps us keep the site running.

This is $50 cheaper than the previous all-time low price on the M1 iPad Air. Prices on the 2022 tablet continue to get discounted as we get closer to next week's Apple event, which is expected to include the announcement of an updated iPad Air lineup.

If you're looking for an even cheaper entry-level Apple tablet, Best Buy also has record low prices on the 10th gen iPad. The 64GB Wi-Fi iPad is on sale for $349.00 and the 256GB Wi-Fi model is on sale for $499.00, both of which are $100 discounts.

Head to our full Deals Roundup to get caught up with all of the latest deals and discounts that we've been tracking over the past week.

Article Link: Apple's M1 iPad Air Drops to New Low Price of $399.99 at Best Buy

StuBeck

macrumors 6502a
May 6, 2008
Even with an update in 2 weeks, it will still be a powerful iPad for the price.
I'd check used prices first. The days of Apple devices holding their value for years are gone, and a quick eBay search shows 256 GB models can be found for less than this.

• Love
Reactions: turbineseaplane

groove-agent

macrumors 68000
Jan 13, 2006
I love my iPad to death because it can do everything except ... run the pro apps that actually brings in money. To get around this I use Astropad Studio to turn my MBP into a touch device. If Astropad can do this, why can't Apple?

I digress, but I'd love to see an "iPad Ultra" that could run pro apps.

DEMinSoCAL

macrumors 601
Sep 27, 2005
I have one of these. I'd grab one if you're on the fence. Pretty flawless.
64GB model is troublesome once you start to fill it up (which is easy). I have 18GB free yet over-the-air updates fail with not enough space error.
I have to attach to a computer and do updates that way. Apart from that, it's great. It's an M1 -- plenty fast.

Reactions: MilaM and mevans7

nStyle

macrumors 65832
Dec 6, 2009
I'd check used prices first. The days of Apple devices holding their value for years are gone, and a quick eBay search shows 256 GB models can be found for less than this.

Except iPhones which seem to still hold their value pretty well (relatively speaking, compared to Android).

But yeah, I paid $1800 for my 14" MBP less than two years ago and I'll be lucky to net $1k. Better off just keeping it or giving it to a family member, not that the new ones are any better for my use case. I'm probably not buying anything new again unless it's a first-gen product.

Also this iPad is selling for about $350-400 used right now according to eBay so at this $399 price it's a good deal.

jonnyb098

macrumors 601
Nov 16, 2010
Michigan
Wow that’s an incredible deal! $400 for an M1 iPad that’ll get at least another 3-5 years of support is insanely good value!

seek3r

macrumors 68020
Aug 16, 2010
Except iPhones which seem to still hold their value pretty well (relatively speaking, compared to Android).

But yeah, I paid $1800 for my 14" MBP less than two years ago and I'll be lucky to net $1k. Better off just keeping it or giving it to a family member, not that the new ones are any better for my use case. I'm probably not buying anything new again unless it's a first-gen product.
60% of value after being used for 2 years is much, much better than most consumer electronics....

jlnr

macrumors regular
Sep 27, 2010
M1 CPU and a Retina screen for $400. Crazy to think that it could be a NetBook running macOS for that money.

Reactions: Fuzzball84

Fuzzball84

macrumors 68020
Apr 19, 2015
M1 CPU and a Retina screen for $400. Crazy to think that it could be a NetBook running macOS for that money.
They really need to bring back the MacBook Retina... Apple Silicon was made for that machine... but they discontinued it knowing that they would release Apple Silicon within a couple years.

I suspect it was more a financial decision than a product category one. As it truly would have made for a Chromebook disrupter.

But Apple dont want to fight in that arena... I suspect. Not premium enough lol

Reactions: jlnr

Fuzzball84

macrumors 68020
Apr 19, 2015
M1 is still a powerhouse for a tablet.. and that 8 GB RAM.... surplus to requirements for most people... but nice to have.

This is an amazing deal....

Reactions: TGM85

Populus

macrumors 601
Aug 24, 2012
Spain, Europe
Can you imagine the next iPad Air having the same internals as the iPad Pro, but being differentiated by the older LCD display vs the OLED one?

Scott65

macrumors newbie
Dec 12, 2008

Best Buy today has discounted Apple's M1 iPad Air (64GB Wi-Fi) to a new all-time low price of $399.99 in the Starlight color option, down from $599.99. Best Buy says this deal will last through the end of the day, and it's only available in one color at this record low price.

iPad-Air-5-Colors-16x9.jpg
Note: MacRumors is an affiliate partner with Best Buy. When you click a link and make a purchase, we may receive a small payment, which helps us keep the site running.

This is $50 cheaper than the previous all-time low price on the M1 iPad Air. Prices on the 2022 tablet continue to get discounted as we get closer to next week's Apple event, which is expected to include the announcement of an updated iPad Air lineup.

If you're looking for an even cheaper entry-level Apple tablet, Best Buy also has record low prices on the 10th gen iPad. The 64GB Wi-Fi iPad is on sale for $349.00 and the 256GB Wi-Fi model is on sale for $499.00, both of which are $100 discounts.

Head to our full Deals Roundup to get caught up with all of the latest deals and discounts that we've been tracking over the past week.

Article Link: Apple's M1 iPad Air Drops to New Low Price of $399.99 at Best Buy
I don't know if this is in every area, but in my area this new price of $399 at Best Buy is for Open Box Only. There are no new Ipads at this price point.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.