Become a MacRumors Supporter for $25/year with no ads, private forums, and more!

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Macs and iPads are selling in record numbers as people continue to work and learn from home. According to Apple's latest earnings report for the third fiscal quarter of 2021 (second calendar quarter), Apple's Mac category brought in $8.8 billion, up from $6.5 billion in the year-ago quarter.

mac-mini-macbook-pro-macbook-air.jpg

Sales were just a bit down from the second fiscal quarter of 2021, when Apple's Macs brought in $9.1 billion in revenue. iPad revenue was at $7.4 billion, up from $6.6 billion in the year-ago quarter and again, just barely trailing Apple's second quarter earnings results.

According to Apple CEO Tim Cook, the iPad had its best June quarter in nearly a decade, while the Mac set a new June quarter revenue record. Apple CFO Luca Maestri said the last four quarters have been the Mac's best four quarters ever.

The earnings report covers sales of the M1 Mac and iPad machines, including the M1 24-inch iMac and the M1 iPad Pro models that were released earlier this year.

Article Link: Apple's Mac and iPad Sales Continue to Surge in Q3 2021

Last edited:

tongxinshe

macrumors 6502a
Feb 24, 2008
The growth is slower than the broader market, for both of these segments (PC and tablets).

TallGuyGT

macrumors 6502
Aug 8, 2011
NYC
Will be even higher once they release the M1X 14” and 16” MBPs. Feel like I’ve been reading rumors about them for years LOL!

Reactions: Saturn1217

BuffyzDead

macrumors regular
Dec 30, 2008
The growth is slower than the broader market, for both of these segments (PC and tablets).
This is EXCELLENT NEWS!!!! Thank you for Sharing !!!! ....Means there is Still Tons Of Upside and Opportunity !!!.

Go APPL
(a very biased APPL shareholder, going very long, right through the Apple iCar X). 🤣

Reactions: peanuts_of_pathos

prospervic

macrumors 6502a
Aug 2, 2007
NYC
I have never understood why anyone would want a 16" laptop. Not criticising, just trying to relate. Is it a gaming thing or something? :oops:
It’s about having enough screen real estate to work without feeling constrained. I understand someone who travels or commutes with their MacBook preferring a 13 or 14 inch. Usually for me, “travel“ consists of moving to different rooms in my residence, so the size and weight of the 16” aren’t an issue.

When traveling or working outside of home, my 12.9” iPad Pro fills the bill.

Mr. Dee

macrumors 68040
Dec 4, 2003
Jamaica
I have never understood why anyone would want a 16" laptop. Not criticising, just trying to relate. Is it a gaming thing or something? :oops:
Screen size, I personally was hoping they would have launched with a 16 inch too. I could not wait, because I needed a newer Mac and bit the bullet on the 13 inch. Turned out to be a smart decision since I would have been waiting for an eternity. Since the Face ID Macs probably won't be here until 2024, I am just going to get a USB C to VGA adapter for MacBook Pro so I can connect a 20 inch Lenovo display I found on the road side.

Achillex

macrumors newbie
Sep 30, 2021
I'm so happy that many people's first experience with a Macbook is the M1 iteration. That model should last for literal yeeeaaarrrrs to come with unreal battery life to boot.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.