Apple's Mac + CS3 student deal

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by ecdunn, Aug 14, 2008.

1. ecdunn macrumors newbie

Hey everyone, I've had a MacBook for a few years now that I've been using for school as a graphic design student. I'm interested in upgrading to a MacBook Pro, and I'm going to buy Adobe CS3 with it.

http://store.apple.com/Catalog/US/Images/promobar_cs3.html

According to Apple's website, if I buy CS3 Design Premium with a Mac, it will be $399 instead of $599. However, it doesn't say how long this promotion lasts. I was wondering if anyone knows for sure if this is a constant promotion, like the student discount on Apple products, or if it's something that ends in September (like the free iPod dealy). I was hoping to wait for the upgrades on the MBP line, so if I need to, I can make do with my MB until the upgrades release. However, I'd rather pay the $399 than the $599. If the promotion ends before the new releases, then I'll end up getting the current MBP, since its power is more than enough for me (I've been making do with the 2.0GHz, 1GB of RAM MacBook for two years now).

So my main question is does anyone know how long this deal lasts?

2. WildCowboy Administrator/Editor

WildCowboy

Staff Member

It's almost certainly only a temporary thing, and Apple and/or Adobe haven't said when it will end.

3. monke macrumors 65816

monke

WildCowboy said it right.

As for CS3, just a heads up, incase you don't already know. CS4 is supposed to be released in October. I don't know if you want the latest and greatest, but just to let you know.

4. ZachSB macrumors newbie

Yeah, if you can wait for CS4, I'd do it. More importantly, make sure if you wait, that your school is going to upgrade to CS4, too.