Apple's macbook refund policy

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by kettlecorn, Mar 1, 2011.

1. kettlecorn macrumors 6502

In order to do the 14 day refund policy, does it have to be returned in the method you received it? If you ordered it, then send it back. Or if you bought it from one branch of Apple, you can only go to THAT store? If I bought it online, can I go return it at a store or vice versa?

2. Jhingha macrumors regular

Jhingha

The telephone was invented in March of 1876. The famous incident in which Alexander Graham Bell spilled acid on himself and called out to his assistant, Watson, not realizing his voice was being carried over the telephone was on March 10.
    The invention was patented on January 30, 1877 by Bell.

:eek:

3. fel10 macrumors 68000

fel10

It does not matter which Apple store u bought it from, u can either return it or exchange it at any Apple store.

I think the same goes for products that were purchased online. Correct me if I'm wrong.

4. kettlecorn thread starter macrumors 6502

The internet was invented. The end.

5. Hansr macrumors 6502a

Stores and online are not the same wrt returns.

6. babyt macrumors regular

babyt

If you ordered it online, you have to ship it back.

I am going through this process right now myself

7. Antivirus macrumors newbie

Not exactly true

I ordered a Late 2010 refurbished Macbook Pro online about 2 weeks ago but decided yesterday that I would return it and just pay the 200 difference and get a new 2011 Macbook Pro.

I called the Online department and they said I could return it online or to call my local Apple store to see if they would accept it as it is up to the managers at each store. So I did and they happily told me it wouldnt be a problem.

I went in the store yesterday and simply explained I was returning my order online and would pay the difference for a new one and the transaction was simple and now I have a brand new 2011 Macbook pro.

I dont know if this works for all Apple Stores so your best bet as said before is to call the closest one by you and ask the manager.

8. babyt macrumors regular

babyt

Oh hhmmm
    Was yours a model they carry in stores?
    I think I had to ship it cause it was the base 15 with hr antiglare screen. (which they don't carry in any of the stores remotely close to me)
    The apple rep told me that I HAD to ship it.

9. kettlecorn, Mar 1, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 1, 2011

kettlecorn thread starter macrumors 6502