Become a MacRumors Supporter for $25/year with no ads, private forums, and more!

Apple's March 2015 Media Event: Spoiler-Free Video Stream [Video Posted]

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Apple's "Spring Forward" media event will be kicking off in just a few hours, and as usual some MacRumors readers are interested in avoiding all of the announcements and waiting until Apple posts the recorded video of the event so as to experience it without already knowing the outcome.

For those individuals, we've posted this news story, which will be updated with a link to the presentation once it becomes available from Apple. No other news stories or announcements will be displayed alongside this story.

Users waiting for the video to be posted are welcome to gather in the thread associated with this news story, and we ask that those who follow the events refrain from making any posts in the thread about today's announcements.

Video Posted: A direct link to the video file is now available, with no spoilers.

Article Link: Apple's March 2015 Media Event: Spoiler-Free Video Stream [Video Posted]

ArtOfWarfare

macrumors G3
Nov 26, 2007
IDK, it looks like there's a lot of potential for spoilers on the spoiler free page to me.

There's a ticker at the top of the screen with tabs for all the current article categories. If Apple announces something that warrants a new category, bam, spoiler.

There's also a "Rumors by Product" box to the right of the article. Again, an easy place where updates to the site cause spoilers even on this page.

In any event, I plan on figuring out how to watch this live from work.

ArtOfWarfare

macrumors G3
Nov 26, 2007
I feel like the spoiler-free thread is much less important today that usual, because the event is most likely focused on rehashing the Watch and giving out specific details about specs, date, cost, retail strategy, etc.

But of course there always could be some big surprises.

IDK, I feel like Apple has to have a big surprise today. Either some major features we haven't heard about yet for the Apple Watch or something else major. Rehashing what we already know and giving specific details about the Apple Watch wouldn't take more than 30 minutes.

brinary001

Suspended
Sep 4, 2012
Midwest, USA
IDK, I feel like Apple has to have a big surprise today. Either some major features we haven't heard about yet for the Apple Watch or something else major. Rehashing what we already know and giving specific details about the Apple Watch wouldn't take more than 30 minutes.
Boom. Thank you. All these people who think it's just about the watch today are sadly mistaken. Apple would never drag everyone out to Yerba Buena for something that was over in less than an hour. That being said, they're also not going to spend 2 hours or so just reiterating what they've already said and hammering out some last-minute details. New Macbook(s)...

moderngamenewb

macrumors 6502
Jul 20, 2011
Because I'm missing first hour or two today of the keynote, this is going to be my first time of trying to stay spoiler free and watch the keynote from the beginning instead of coming in late or following the updates on my phone.

How long does it usually take for apple to post the live stream replay?

brinary001

Suspended
Sep 4, 2012
Midwest, USA
Because I'm missing first hour or two today of the keynote, this is going to be my first time of trying to stay spoiler free and watch the keynote from the beginning instead of coming in late or following the updates on my phone.

How long does it usually take for apple to post the live stream replay?
Apple tends to post their events a few hours after they've finished, call it 6-10 hours. However, key phrasing there is that they tend to do it that way. In the past I've seen them wait until the next day. But that hasn't happened for a while.

WildCowboy

Administrator/Editor
Staff member
Jan 20, 2005
IDK, it looks like there's a lot of potential for spoilers on the spoiler free page to me.

There's a ticker at the top of the screen with tabs for all the current article categories. If Apple announces something that warrants a new category, bam, spoiler.

There's also a "Rumors by Product" box to the right of the article. Again, an easy place where updates to the site cause spoilers even on this page.

In any event, I plan on figuring out how to watch this live from work.

Don't worry, none of those will be updated very soon after the event.

casperes1996

macrumors 603
Jan 26, 2014
Horsens, Denmark
Came here to say hi and chill with you guys as always but apparently didn't need to with the live stream!

I missed thirty minutes! I thought it'd start at 7 local time, like it always does, but I forgot to factor in daylight savings ans summer time differences from WWDC and now and GARGH! I don't want to start from the middle!

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
I missed thirty minutes! I thought it'd start at 7 local time, like it always does, but I forgot to factor in daylight savings ans summer time differences from WWDC and now and GARGH! I don't want to start from the middle!
They do cover a number of different things that aren't necessarily related, so starting at different points in time doesn't really mean you would have a lesser/worse experience by missing out something earlier.

anshuvorty

macrumors 68000
Sep 1, 2010
California, USA
'The replay of today’s event will be available shortly.'

Thanks for the update! For those that don't know, clicking the link will take one to a website with a slideshow of pictures from today's event which could be potential spoilers. So don't click it and just wait until MR officially updates this post with a link to the actual video.

Dan!

macrumors member
Jan 23, 2011
Thanks for the update! For those that don't know, clicking the link will take one to a website with a slideshow of pictures from today's event which could be potential spoilers. So don't click it and just wait until MR officially updates this post with a link to the actual video.

It's alright, dunno if he's trying to take the piss posting that link at telling us to go to apple.com but whatever...
But yeah, don't click that link cause Apple have started doing a livebloggy kind of thing where they post pictures of what's happening and you can see a couple of them on that page.

DocNYz

macrumors 6502a
Jun 9, 2008
East Coast, USA
It's alright, dunno if he's trying to take the piss posting that link at telling us to go to apple.com but whatever...
But yeah, don't click that link cause Apple have started doing a livebloggy kind of thing where they post pictures of what's happening and you can see a couple of them on that page.

When I posted it it took you to the front page of apple where the keynote was at the top front and center and with one click you could play, but as far as the direct link is concerned I've already apologized and posted it as well. Enjoy.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.