Apples most wanted criminals

Discussion in 'iPod touch Hacks' started by dsm1042, Jan 4, 2010.

1. dsm1042 macrumors newbie

hey guys u might have heard about the "apple killswitch", if you download a blacklisted app or program ur iphone gets locked up on you and you have to retstore it.

anyway i have had the kill switch placed on my ipod touch atleast 10 times and i fear that my itouch has been permanently altered. i've tried both ways of disabling the kill switch and they both dont work (bossprefs and changing the host file)
    both of these havent helped me i still get hit with the apple kill switch. i think my ipod is extra sensitive to blacklisted programs and i want to kno how to make sure my itouch is completely wiped clean as if it was a fresh out of the box itouch. also if there are any files i should look for in SSH to see if they have been altered.

edit---
    i never knew that all i had to do to get rid of the kill switch was to reinstall black rain, i still would like to completely wipe my ipod for good measure

-dirty south

2. pcs are junk macrumors 65816

turn ipod on. open itunes and plug in ipod, and cancel sync. turn off ipod, then after the red slider has reached the end, wait five seconds then hold power button and home button at the same time for exactly 10 seconds, then release the power button and keep holding the home button for exactly 10 seconds. your ipod should not display anything. look at itunes and it will say it needs to be restored. click restore and everything is completely gone, and you have a new ipod again! yay!

3. kAoTiX macrumors 6502

kAoTiX

wtf is this thread even about?
    Apple don't connect to your iPod just to remove 'blacklisted apps'
    The killswitch is (was?) used to remove apps that have since been removed from the app store for violation of terms or such.