Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Apple is planning to release new Beats Studio Pro wireless over-ear headphones on July 19, according to details shared by Myke Hurley on the Apple-related podcast "Connected" last week (via Reddit). Hurley said he obtained the details from an anonymous source who previously shared accurate details about the Beats Studio Buds+ earbuds.

beats-studio-pro.jpg

Hurley's source claimed that the Studio Pro will be available in four colors, including Black, Navy, Sandstone, and Deep Brown, and leaked images from @aaronp613 show the headphones will have a very similar design as the Beats Studio3. The headphones are said to feature a USB-C port for charging instead of micro-USB, upgraded microphones, optimized sound profiles, a new carrying case, and support for Android features such as Fast Pair and Find My Device. The headphones will retain a 3.5mm headphone jack, the source added.

Like the Studio Buds+, it is likely that the Studio Pro will also feature improved active noise cancellation and longer battery life.

An early reseller listing indicates that the Studio Pro will retail for around €399 in Europe, which would be the same price as the Studio3. This suggests the headphones will likely cost around $349.95 in the U.S. at launch. The Studio3 are equipped with Apple's W1 chip, but it's unclear which chip the Studio Pro will use.

Evidence of the Studio Pro already emerged in macOS 13.4 code and in an FCC filing in recent weeks, but Beats has yet to officially announce them. The headphones would serve as a long-overdue update to the Studio3, released in 2017. More information should become available closer to the rumored July 19 launch date.

Article Link: Apple's New Beats Studio Pro Expected to Launch in July With USB-C, Improved Sound, and More

Last edited:

FSMBP

macrumors 68030
Jan 22, 2009
Hells yeah. For those wondering why not get an Airpod Max or Bose or Sony: I want a decent over-the-ear that I can wear to the gym but still connects seamlessly to Apple devices (Mac, phone, TV). And one that isn't over $400. Current Beats Studio are dated but have been doing an okay job. Need audio upgrades and USB-C!

jforsander

macrumors newbie
Mar 18, 2017
Wow, I never thought I’d see one of my Reddit posts featured in a Macrumors article. I’m still dying to know whether the Studio Pros will use an H1/H2 chip or use a custom Beats chip.

A number of people lately have suggested that the Studio Pros would feature a Beats chip. I don’t know if that’s speculation or if it’s based on informed sources.

Based on the betas which confirm that the Studio Pros support audio sharing, I’ve assumed that the Studio Pros would feature an H1 or H2 chip.

johntw

macrumors regular
May 29, 2016
Wow, I never thought I’d see one of my Reddit posts featured in a Macrumors article. I’m still dying to know whether the Studio Pros will use an H1/H2 chip or use a custom Beats chip.

A number of people lately have suggested that the Studio Pros would feature a Beats chip. I don’t know if that’s speculation or if it’s based on informed sources.

Based on the betas which confirm that the Studio Pros support audio sharing, I’ve assumed that the Studio Pros would feature an H1 or H2 chip.
I wonder who airjohnpro is 😉

johntw

macrumors regular
May 29, 2016
I’m hoping these are more comfortable for walking and moving around the house. Been really happy with the Beats Studio Buds+ and still use my AirPods Max but only while stationary.

koelsh

macrumors 6502
Oct 26, 2021
Do we know if this will support data over USB? As in when connected via USB-C to a MacBook does it show as a wired audio device?

Wireless is great most of the time but still has a delay and some environments have too much electromagnetic noise for a reliable signal.

srknpower

macrumors regular
Nov 28, 2016
Hells yeah. For those wondering why not get an Airpod Max or Bose or Sony: I want a decent over-the-ear that I can wear to the gym but still connects seamlessly to Apple devices (Mac, phone, TV). And one that isn't over $400. Current Beats Studio are dated but have been doing an okay job. Need audio upgrades and USB-C!
I compretely agree. Beats is the best option if you think AirPods Max is overpriced.

shawnforever

macrumors member
Jun 9, 2015
I got my Airpod max for 425 at microcenter 18 months ago, They are my fav after replacing the XM3, which I liked. Not gonna be looking for over the year for another 4-5 years.
That is incredibly ambitious. My APM's died after 2 years. I'm hoping it's just a battery replacement and not a $300 fix, as some have reported. But 4-5 years seems like a lot for these.

• Sad
Reactions: System603

Dylan33x

macrumors regular
May 21, 2021
That is incredibly ambitious. My APM's died after 2 years. I'm hoping it's just a battery replacement and not a $300 fix, as some have reported. But 4-5 years seems like a lot for these.
What happened? How did they die? Have you heard about the condensation issue?

jforsander

macrumors newbie
Mar 18, 2017
I’m hoping these are more comfortable for walking and moving around the house. Been really happy with the Beats Studio Buds+ and still use my AirPods Max but only while stationary.
I really wanted to love the Studio Buds + so badly because the transparent buds and case are so cool. But they buds shift around in my ears way too much, and I don't really need another set of earbuds, because I have the Beats Fit Pro which are so good.

And no H1 chip is a big downer. Switching from one device to another (which I do a lot) is a significantly worse experience than on my Beats Solo Pro and Beats Fit Pro which have the H1.

Farrgazer

macrumors regular
Sep 25, 2017
Do we know if this will support data over USB? As in when connected via USB-C to a MacBook does it show as a wired audio device?

Wireless is great most of the time but still has a delay and some environments have too much electromagnetic noise for a reliable signal.
Wired USB would make this one of the most versatile headphones on the market. You get analog 3.5mm, digital wired, and digital USB all in one package.

Reactions: koelsh
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.