Apple's New Raleigh Store Opens This Weekend

Discussion in 'Mac Blog Discussion' started by MacRumors, Dec 4, 2017.

1. MacRumors macrumors bot

MacRumors

[​IMG]

Apple is opening a new store at the Crabtree Valley shopping mall in Raleigh, North Carolina this weekend, as part of its efforts to modernize its chain of nearly 500 retail locations around the world.

[​IMG]
    Apple's upcoming store at Crabtree Valley via Will Sigmon

The new store will celebrate its grand opening on Saturday, December 9, likely at 8:00 a.m. local time, according to Slice podcast co-host Will Sigmon.

Apple is moving into approximately 9,000 square feet of space, nearly double the size of its current store at Crabtree, which opened in June 2006. The new location will be next to Sephora on the second level.

The new store will feature Apple's latest retail design, which typically includes large glass doors, sequoia wood tables and shelves, a large video screen for Today at Apple sessions, and light boxes spanning the length of the ceiling.

All of Apple's stores opened since September 2015 have been based on the updated aesthetic. Apple has also renovated or relocated around 50 existing stores around the world as part of the modernization of its retail chain.

Apple has one other store in The Triangle at The Streets at Southpoint in Durham, along with two stores in Charlotte and one in Greensboro.

Article Link: Apple's New Raleigh Store Opens This Weekend

2. benz240 macrumors regular

3. HenryFSU macrumors newbie

HenryFSU

4. GIZBUG macrumors 65816

GIZBUG

Posting just to post

5. triangletechie macrumors member

This is my nearest store and it was a pain to get in and out of when there were large crowds inside. Looking forward to checking out the much needed expansion....after Christmas.

6. Mike MA macrumors 68000

Mike MA

Bad hair day?

7. metalsiren macrumors newbie

metalsiren

yep, that's my main apple store as well... didn't even know about it until I had to take my AWS3 in for servicing and they told me about the new one.

8. rwilliams macrumors 68040

rwilliams

Good. The current store got overcrowded FAST.

9. DavidLeblond macrumors 68020

DavidLeblond

I remember when Crabtree was the place to be. I only go like once every other year now though. Maybe I'll have to check the new store out once Christmas is over with (I don't step foot in any of the malls during December.)

10. MTShipp macrumors 6502a

Love it! Always HATED going to the store here because it was ALWAYS crowded.

11. dmrowley macrumors 6502

dmrowley

12. ryannel2003 macrumors 68000

ryannel2003

I usually go to Southpoint because parking at Crabtree has always been a pain. I’ll check the new store out soon though.

13. convergent macrumors 68030

convergent

Definitely needs the extra space. Its always a bit crowded in there. I used to go in there often, but I've only been in it one time since I went in there and every screen in the place was on a Carpool Karaoke loop. That was part of the realization that Apple has moved to a place that I'm not at.

14. qawes macrumors regular

qawes

Please Apple, build more and more of these in countries where only your authorised distributors exist.

For example, a high-spec'd MBP (NOT BTO) that costs 2800 USD goes as much as 4250 USD in some "Authorised Reseller" shops, who have poorly trained staff and repair policies, often resulting in contacting HQ to get things fixed/done.