Apple's New Release Tuesday!

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by eswank, Feb 18, 2008.

1. eswank macrumors 6502

Steve Jobs made a statement from MWSF in January. He said that they were only two weeks into the new year and they've already made updates to some of the items in their product line. If I'm not mistaken, these past two weeks, Apple has made updates to a few thing in their line up. With 45 weeks left to go for the year 2008, do you think Apple will make a push to update their products, lets say... every week? Every two weeks? Also, with 45 weeks left for this year, what if Apple would release something EVERY WEEK? Are their enough things in their line up to release something every week or is that just wishful thinking on my part?

Just wanted to find out what your guys' thoughts are. Sorry, this is just some random thought that I had in my head.

2. iPhil macrumors 68040

iPhil

Apple will release updated products when apple thinks the time is right .. :p

Are we gonna have these 'types' of threads every single week? :rolleyes:

3. aaronw1986 macrumors 68030

Apple will release a brand new product weekly....;) yeah right

4. Mr Ikasu macrumors member

It has been looking good so far this year.
    I can see that conceivably they could make announcements weekly to one of their product lines. Drip feeding us.

Tues 8th Jan - Mac Pro/XServe
    Tues 15th Jan - MacBook Air, Time Machine
    Tues 22nd Jan - Pink iPod nano
    Tues 29th Jan - The only flaw in this pattern. Although it was the day that O2 announced increased call time on iPhone packages in the UK
    Tues 5th Feb - Capacity bumps on iPhone/iPod touch
    Tues 12th Feb - Aperture 2.0
    Tuesday 19th Feb - iPod shuffle update

Looking good so far. Let's just hope they can keep up this pace of updates. On the other hand my wallet says no.

5. Osarkon macrumors 68020

Osarkon

More like every day by the looks of it...

6. brad.c macrumors 68020

brad.c

Maybe Arn should set up a spoiler-free page, and "announce" the collective Tuesday fare on the last Friday of the month. Like a mini Macworld!

Seriously, how can I spend my beans wisely if the cows come out one at a time?

7. Tycoonguy macrumors regular

Good point!

8. Mr Maui macrumors 65816

Mr Maui

More likely they will release new products when it will make them the most money. After all, they only have $16-19 Billiion (with a "B") in cash available right now. :D

9. eswank thread starter macrumors 6502

...New Release Tuesday.... AGAIN! So far so good. I was hoping more for the iPhone SDK and Time Capsule but I guess no luck.

As far as the MacBook Updates, they're ok. I remember good 'ol Steve writing a letter saying that their products will have LED's by the end of 2007. Now that needs an update!

I can't wait for what Apple will bring us next week!