Apple's new "Rock" iPod Ad

dstorey

macrumors 6502a
Dec 14, 2002
oh yeah...loving it...now that one floats my boat alot more...rock 'n' roll...

Jet are one cool band btw, buch better than the vines..though my fav aussie band is the sleepy jackson...can't dance like that to them though ;)

the future

macrumors 68000
Jul 17, 2002
Originally posted by dstorey
oh yeah...loving it...now that one floats my boat alot more...rock 'n' roll...

Jet are one cool band btw, buch better than the vines..though my fav aussie band is the sleepy jackson...can't dance like that to them though ;)
Whatever you do, do not diss The Vines. They are the future of rock music.

(The other two bands are very fine as well :))

Freg3000

macrumors 68000
Sep 22, 2002
New York
Good Ad. I love this style. Too bad everyone in the world will be watching the Yankees/Red Sox game tonight. :(

Wonder Boy

macrumors 6502a
Feb 18, 2003
South Windsor, CT
Originally posted by Freg3000
Good Ad. I love this style. Too bad everyone in the world will be watching the Yankees/Red Sox game tonight. :(
what does the game have to do with anything? would you rather people watch the ipod commerical channel?:p

anyway i dont care for the song in the ad (again) i think the first one was better though.

Sailfish

macrumors regular
Oct 13, 2003
Ok Apple, your perceived music and racial bias based upon the first commercial is hereby null and void.

Just don't forget our latino friends. ;)

"And you, peon Sculley!" SLAP

"Go get me a Pepsi Vanilla with one of those free songs. NOW!"

agreenster

macrumors 68000
Dec 6, 2001
Walt Disney Animation Studios
WEEEEELLLLL....be careful! Friends is the most popular show in primetime! And trust me, there are millions of people in America who dont give a rip about baseball.....(me being one of 'em. Im a basketball/football junkie who'd rather watch Jennifer Aniston over Derek Jeter any day) :D

Oh, and BTW, that AD rocked! MUCH better than the first one.

mainstreetmark

macrumors 68020
May 7, 2003
Saint Augustine, FL
Originally posted by Sailfish
Ok Apple, your perceived music and racial bias based upon the first commercial is hereby null and void.
Alright! More racial over-sensetivity!

Anyways, I played the new commercial I kind of dug the song. I never heard of Jet before, so I bought the song! Ain't I a sucker.

(Now, back to my all-girl Punk collection I just pirated for lack of a better source)

jettredmont

macrumors 68030
Jul 25, 2002
Will NBC postpone the Thursday line-up because of the Red Sox/Yankees game like they did last night for the Cubs?

Completely off-topic ... but back on topic: If NBC *did* postpone the Thurs shows, would Apple's ad still show tonight? If an Apple ad shows and no one is watching, is it really an Apple ad?

nycmacartist

macrumors newbie
Oct 16, 2003
Good Ad. I love this style. Too bad everyone in the world will be watching the Yankees/Red Sox game tonight.

This will show tonight during the game. Guarantee it.

Flowbee

macrumors 68030
Dec 27, 2002
Alameda, CA
Originally posted by mainstreetmark

Anyways, I played the new commercial I kind of dug the song. I never heard of Jet before, so I bought the song! Ain't I a sucker.
Same here... except I bought the album (it's really good).

Sincerely,
King of the Suckers :p

mainstreetmark

macrumors 68020
May 7, 2003
Saint Augustine, FL
Originally posted by Flowbee
Same here... except I bought the album (it's really good).

Sincerely,
King of the Suckers :p
I don't suppose the store is smart enough to know I already bought one track, so that if I did buy the album it wouldn't cost me $10.98.

Flowbee

macrumors 68030
Dec 27, 2002
Alameda, CA
Originally posted by mainstreetmark
I don't suppose the store is smart enough to know I already bought one track, so that if I did buy the album it wouldn't cost me $10.98.
Unfortunately, no. But it's still cheaper than buying all of the songs seperately.

Sincerely,
Manager, Silver Lining Dept.

cb911

macrumors 601
Mar 12, 2002
BrisVegas, Australia
cool! :D i can relate to that ad alot more.

i had to do a double take when i heard that music... i guess Aussie music is really getting big. i never noticed how far it has spread. :eek: :)

Freg3000

macrumors 68000
Sep 22, 2002
New York
Originally posted by nycmacartist
Good Ad. I love this style. Too bad everyone in the world will be watching the Yankees/Red Sox game tonight.

This will show tonight during the game. Guarantee it.
Yep, it was on. Looks better on TV. Much more bright.

job

macrumors 68040
Jan 25, 2002
in transit
The new ad aired during the Yankees/Red Sox game.

I have no idea between which inning it was though.

iHack

macrumors regular
Originally posted by Jerry Spoon
Music was good. Can't say that I'm really into to hip hop, but I do think I liked the first ad better. I think the dancing was better.
Same here. I couldn't beleive that guy actually played air guitar. That's pathetic. Good it's only a very short moment:).
That guitar riff reminded me an awfull lot of the Iggy Pop song "lust for life" BTW.

And is that the same "girl with a green background" as the other ad? Liked her better in the other one too.

For the racially oversensitive ppl: I'm a 32 yo middle-class white male.

M.

JJTiger1

macrumors regular
Apr 2, 2003
North America
New iPod ad

... I told you that there would be more ad's with different music styles.

I want to see one with a Classical Music theme. Maybe some fool will play Maestro/Conductor to the classics?

Maybe show the ad at the start of a PBS symphony program.
=-=
JJ

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.