Apples Next Gen bluetooth mouse/keyboard? ?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by lulla01, Feb 15, 2009.

1. lulla01 macrumors 68020

lulla01

When do you guys think apple will release a new bluetooth mouse and keybaord i want a new mouse but their mouse seems too plain, i use a logitech MX revolution and i wonder when they will release a new updated stainless steal mouse or a mouse/keyboard combo

2. brand macrumors 601

brand

3. lulla01 thread starter macrumors 68020

lulla01

4. BigHungry04 macrumors 6502

Yeah, it will be released sometime after today.

The thing is, we do not know when or if Apple is going to update their wireless keyboard and/or mighty mouse. So in the future, maybe, is a valid response.

5. blueicedj macrumors 6502

I have no idea, but would really like to now...this soap bar mouse is starting to annoy me, but I still love it's features and find myself lost on other mice, as I always squeeze them to no avail. Hopefully they'll update them soon...maybe with the new imac?

6. Wild-Bill macrumors 68030

Wild-Bill

Stick with the MX REvolution. Apple will never make a mouse better than the REvolution. NEVER.

7. Blaine macrumors 6502a

Blaine

Hopefully soon. I love the aluminum wireless keyboard, but it seems the general consensus about the mighty mouse is that it sucks. :(

8. -Ryan- macrumors 68000

I can't imagine that the Wireless Keyboard or even the wired keyboard will be updated more than perhaps aesthetically with a change to black keys anytime soon. People generally do really like the Apple keyboards.

The Mighty Mouse on the other hand is a disgusting piece of awful workmanship. I actually think it looks quite nice, unlike most other people, but it is just awful to use. As a result, I think the Mouse will probably get a complete overhaul. The little roller ball thing will almost certainly be dropped and it'll hopefully have some proper buttons to click.

When will this happen? I don't know, but if I were you I'd steer clear of the Mighty Mouse.

9. Styxie macrumors member

I agree with the guy above me, I think it's likely they'll update the keyboard to having black keys. They did that with the previous incarnation of the one that came with the G3's (which has black keys I think). Maybe they'll revamp the MM to something more aluminium-like, but I don't think we'll see anything other than cosmetic changes. As someone already said, get the MX Revolution, it's the best mouse money can buy.

10. desiringGod macrumors regular

I have not been too happy with the Mighty Mouse. The ball on top screws up a lot. There have been many times when I can scroll down and left/right, just not up.

11. JonMcDonald macrumors member

I always have problems scrolling down. Very annoying. I love Apple, but haven't been too impressed with their mouses.

12. LERsince1991 macrumors 65816

Lol :p made me laugh

13. Cheffy Dave macrumors 68030

Cheffy Dave

Sunny Florida, on the Gulf Coast in Homosassa Fl
  14. claimed4all macrumors 6502

I am just waiting for Apple to introduce a keyboard with Black Backlit Keys, then and only then will I think about it.

15. alexlovesmacs macrumors 6502a

It will probably be introduced when the new redesigned iMac's come out in the near future.

16. simplymuzik3 macrumors 6502a

yeah, a backlit keyboard would be awseome! I was thinking of getting the current aluminum wired keyboard, but now im probably gonna wait until the new macs are released and hopefully they will have a new keyboard.

17. wPod macrumors 68000

wPod

i love the current aluminum bluetooth keyboards. i apparently am one of the minority in the fact that i like the 'chicket' keyboards. so i do not think they should update the keyboards. . . unless they want to add a numberpad etc to the bluetooth keyboards, a full bluetooth 'chiclet' keyboard would be great. as for the mouse it is ok, but needs to be updated to match the aluminum coolness of all of the mac products now. there is no other plain white apple product, there isn't even a white iPod!!!! so a new mouse would be cool, lots of extra buttons are even better.

18. GreatDrok macrumors 6502a

GreatDrok

I have BT keyboard and Mighty Mouse. The keyboard is the old style full size one which I still have for all my Macs. I borrowed the new style wired keyboard off a colleague's iMac while he was away and used it for half an hour before I switched back to the older style. I really don't get the new keyboard.

As for the Mighty Mouse, I actually like it when the scroll wheel isn't gummed up but cleaning it helps. Only problem I have is lag when my machine is busy doing other stuff. Other than that though, I like the size and feel of the MM.

I expect they will update it a bit in the near future but it is quite simple and elegant. If you want a million buttons and a mouse that fits the shape of your hand though you are free to buy any one of the many mice out there. I did find it hard to find any other BT mice though so I was pleased to get the wireless MM.

19. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

The problem with Apple making mice is that Logitech, Microsoft, and several other companies are making better mice than Apple right now. MS and Logitech have it down pat. I really don't see why Apple even bothers making a mouse, or why customers buy them. Every size, shape, and accuracy is offered by Logitech, and if not, then Microsoft. Apple should just not bother. The only thing they could do to beat MS and Logitech is if they invented something to replace the mouse, or if it naturally got usurped by touchscreen or something.

Apple does make a pretty nice keyboard though, both in terms of feel and aesthetics. If you like laptop-style keyboards, then it shouldn't be ignored.

20. iParis macrumors 68040

iParis

I think... Tuesday. Watch, it'll happen. Tomorrow go to the online Apple Store you will see.

On a more serious note, maybe at the time the Mac mini and iMac get updated or when the Mac Pro is updated.

21. mtor82 macrumors newbie

mtor82

lol I don't think they'll ever make a stainless steal mouse or keyboard. Or ever use stainless steal. hehe they use aluminum. and aluminum = ftw. But for a mouse I'm not sure if they will ever make them out of aluminum unless they can keep it really light weight. I love their current mighty mouse. And aluminum mighty mouse would only be good if it was extremely light.