Become a MacRumors Supporter for $25/year with no ads, private forums, and more!

Apple's Next Store Opens in Shanghai on December 10

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Apple has announced it will be opening a new retail store at Vanke Mall in Qibao, an ancient town and popular tourist destination in the suburbs of Shanghai, China, on Saturday, December 10 at 10:00 a.m. local time. The location will become Apple's seventh retail store in Shanghai and its 489th store overall.

Apple is closing in on 500 retail stores worldwide following the grand openings of its Marché Saint-Germain location in Paris, France and Zhujiang New Town location in Guangzhou, China earlier this month. Apple has opened 20 new retail stores in 2016, excluding the upcoming Shanghai location.

Article Link: Apple's Next Store Opens in Shanghai on December 10

nfl46

macrumors 604
Oct 5, 2008
I'm glad I read the article. I was about to say wow, that new Apple Store looks like an arena.

Comment

GrumpyMom

macrumors G3
Sep 11, 2014
That building is the entire mall, not the Apple Store, right?

Malls aren't doing too well where I live. Many were closed down or bulldozed and the one I grew up going to, which started as an open air plaza, then was enclosed as a Mall at the height of the mall craze, was bulldozed and turned into a Wal Mart. We have two surviving malls near me and one has a lot of crime and the other has less crime but had a high profile fatal shooting. :(

Comment

Wackery

macrumors 6502a
Feb 1, 2015
Is it a store or a museum? With all that ancient outdated hardware inside it might as well be the latter.
"look son, this is what the mac pros looked like over 3 years ago"
"wow dad, why hasn't it changed at all in all that time?"

Last edited:
Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.