Apple's Official Reception Response

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by OGDaniel, Jul 2, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. OGDaniel macrumors 6502a

OGDaniel

2. Holty123 macrumors 6502

Holty123

No it wont. but you will get "already posted" blah blah,
    so can i just say thanks for the info,

3. samcraig macrumors P6

Why would this shut anyone up. It's GREAT PR spin. They've put the onus back on ATT and other carriers for being at fault taking away focus from their potential design issue.

4. SA22C macrumors regular

Are you kidding? This isn't going to make anyone happy.

Apple is going to get raked over the coals for this one.

5. OGDaniel thread starter macrumors 6502a

OGDaniel

Yeah I just realized there was already an open thread =P

6. OGDaniel thread starter macrumors 6502a

OGDaniel

It's making me happy. Now for the next couple weeks I get to see extremely unintelligent Microsoft fanboys and Apple haters talk about how bad the iPhone 4 is, and I get to laugh and laugh at their nonsense.

7. samcraig macrumors P6

We can laugh at your silliness then. Because what this means if you look at the big picture is that since the iPhone's inception - Apple has misrepresented the signal strength the iPhone displays. And this wasn't by accident but by design because they would never want a phone to be side by side with another and show less.

It's no surprise now that OS 4. removed the ability for the field test, is it now? No - because they didn't want people seeing what was going on behind the scenes.

Great SPIN - but unlike you - I hope that people are smart enough to see the reception deception really going on here.

8. getsitguy macrumors newbie

How does it put the onus back on ATT? Apple flat out said that the formula they had in the software was wrong! This letter make sense to me. I have a 3g and travel between a town with good ATT coverage and another town with poor coverage, usually 1 bar or no service. Many times at the town with poor coverage my phone will suddenly have 4 bars when the best is usually two, I then try to make a call and it goes to searching. This flaw in the formula seems to make my experience make sense. Once the fix comes I will have at best 1 or two bars of service but never a phantom 4 bar.

9. samcraig macrumors P6

It puts the onus back on ATT because what they are saying is "hey - nothing is wrong with our design. What's wrong is that you're actually getting worse service from your carrier than you thought"

Brilliant.

10. getsitguy macrumors newbie

Its the truth. I have been with ATT since 1999. They have been good to me, but the cell service is lacking. Like the letter says: "As a reminder, if you are not fully satisfied, you can return your undamaged iPhone to any Apple Retail Store or the online Apple Store within 30 days of purchase for a full refund. "

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.