Apple's "One on One" Training for $99.00 a year

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by jusacruiser, Nov 10, 2010.

1. jusacruiser macrumors 6502

jusacruiser

Ok, I have a question.

When buying a new Apple Macbook they offer "One on One" training for a year.

Is the "One on One" training a good thing? Has anyone tried this training at the Apple store?

Please list your experiences and whether you think the "One on One" is a good thing to sign up for.

Thank you! :confused:

2. dusk007 macrumors 68040

dusk007

Never tried it but I guess it is only useful for real beginners. People that aren't confident handling any computer be it Windows or Unix. I doubt they teach you much advanced really useful stuff.
    It is only $99 that is very little for a computer course.

3. PeggyD macrumors 6502a

I'm on my third year of One-to-One. Even as an experienced Mac users I've found it very helpful.

When my mother got a new MacBook last year, I bought One-to-One for her. She didn't think she'd get much out of it since her closest Apple Store is about 40 miles away. She enjoyed it so much, she renewed it.

4. brianscotch macrumors newbie

depends on the store but some will have trainers certified in Logic and Final Cut that can train you in those programs. How advanced do you want to get?

5. jusacruiser thread starter macrumors 6502

jusacruiser

Good Question.....How advanced do I want to get? I can learn and prefer to learn all the simple stuff at home that way I can tweek all my settings the way I want them on my own.

But.....when I start using iWeb.....that's when I want to go to the store and work with a real trainer.

6. jusacruiser thread starter macrumors 6502

jusacruiser

Thanks Peggy.....I signed up for one to one. Will try to go early in the day when the store is less crowded.

7. jusacruiser thread starter macrumors 6502

jusacruiser

Thanks for the comment. I am going to do the easy stuff at home. When I start working on iWeb, then I will sign up for training.