Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

deanbo

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 6, 2003
A one year warranty is a joke for a computer. How much do you fork out for a Mac Pro? And for that you get twelve months of protection against faulty equipment. I also read somewhere that Apple has fifteen billlion in the bank. I'm beginning to see where Apple gets it's $15,000,000,000. Then there's sites comparing Apple Mac's and their hardware to PC, stating that Mac's are cheaper. Do these sites ever include the cost of the Applecare warranty? No.

Blue Velvet

Moderator emeritus
Jul 4, 2004
AppleCare is a bolt-on option, not mandatory, so it's not part of the cost. I've never bought AppleCare for any Mac, whether for home or work, and have never had hardware problems.

The standard guarantee in the UK for any electronics purchase is one year, so if I ever had problems within that period, I'd expect a repair or replacement, much like if I had bought a toaster.

acearchie

macrumors 68040
Jan 15, 2006
Im sitting here typing on my 3 year old "Apple Care-less" powerbook G4

No problems yet as Im aware of!

CanadaRAM

macrumors G5
A one year warranty is a joke for a computer. How much do you fork out for a Mac Pro? And for that you get twelve months of protection against faulty equipment.

Hmmm.. I could have SWORN the last time I was on Dell's site they were offering a three year extended warranty for $299. On a $1200 laptop. That has 1 year standard warranty

Musta been a joke, then.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.