All iPads Apple's online sales experience is terrible.

Discussion in 'iPad' started by AdonisSMU, Nov 14, 2013.

1. AdonisSMU macrumors 603

I returned my iPad mini and cancelled an iPad mini order after I compared the rMini to my iPad Air. In any case, apple took the money from the cancelled order anyway. Now they think they deserve an interest free loan for 3-5 "business" days. How come amazon can handle returns and cancellations so well and apple is a complete and utter failure in this regard?

Even if you say well one of them is an open item...Im already paying a significant premium for this return privilege and the cancelled order that I never took possession of should've been refunded immediately. A good way to improve the user experience is to make returns less of a hassle...I guess that is why Amazon was rated as having a superior online customer experience when compared to Apple's online experience.

2. kycophpd macrumors 6502a

kycophpd

I also have had a bad experience. They mistakenly took 3 AppleCare plus out on my account. The account they did this on only had enough for the Air, AppleCare plus and the cover. This ended up causing several overdraft charges, now up to $216. When I first called they apologized and also sent an email saying it was their fault. They agreed to pay $98 of the fees.

When I returned the Air to get one with less GB to cover the costs, they only refunded the price minus the original $98 they refunded so now I am back out of pocket $216!

When I called they refused to do anything and instead said I should ask my bank for forgiveness... For their mistake.

I had already begged the bank for forgiveness with no success. This has really left a bad taste for me.

3. joeshmo2010 macrumors 6502a

Use a credit card, then you'll never be spending your money until you pay the bill. Easy

4. JSalig macrumors 6502

Which is why using debit cards for online purchases is never a good idea. Especially if you can't tolerate losing the funds for a little while. Of course that's assuming you used a debit card.