Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iMikeT

macrumors 68020
Jul 8, 2006
California
Forget selling this for private ownership, something like this (along with the George Washington letter) belongs in the Smithsonian.

Dobiewonkanobie

macrumors regular
Nov 16, 2007
There's nothing here beyond historical significance for a later generation. A similar document for HP or IBM would be of greater significance imo. Give Apple 30 more years to decide how great they really are.

AppleScruff1

macrumors G4
Feb 10, 2011
Uh.... they're the incorporation papers for Apple. I think you missed the Apple part. If you don't understand the significance of Apple in tech culture (and culture at large) for the past 30+ years, then just say so.

Are you going to bid on it?

AidenShaw

macrumors P6
Feb 8, 2003
The Peninsula
Not his worship necessarily - but his bank account

The truly iFaithful would take out second mortgages to support the insane profit margins of the one true consumer electronics company - even to enshrine the relics of the prophets of the almighty Apple.

I hope that we don't soon hear of people hawking reliquaries with "bits of Steve" in them.

398px-ArmreliquiarSanktQuintin.jpg

Last edited:

CFreymarc

Suspended
Sep 4, 2009
One of the more expensive errors in history? I hope he invested that money profitable somewhere else...

There was a story a few years ago he is living in a trailer park in Reno and gets a "consolation check" to keep him satiated. From what I was told from Apple's first generation, if he stayed around, Apple would have never made it. Supposedly he was bought out since he was in the way with other agendas. A similar story was passed around with one of the founders of Cisco. Many times, when a company starts its first big stride a few founders need jettisoned for group survival.

----------

Smithsonian? Hardly.

It would be a nice addition for the Computer History Museum, which is in Silicon Valley - just a few kilometres from Infinite Loop.

I bet good money Woz will dump a load of cash for these letters and then donate it to a proper institute. Makes a great tax deduction.

kendall69

macrumors regular
Sep 1, 2011
Ya why wait for 8 BILLION with a B when you can get $1,500 today. Hmmm lemme see, who do I know that was dumber than this guy...OH I KNOW, me - for not buying a boat load of Apple stock when it was below $20.00 a share.

andy845

macrumors member
Jul 30, 2010
Saw a recent interview with Wayne. He was nothing but realistic about his having given away his share of Apple. It made sense at the time, so he did it, felt no regrets, and is quite genuinely happy to see the boys become as successful as they did. Good-natured guy, a rarity among bazillionares.

Good guy for sure, but he is not a rich man financially.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/technology/apple/7624539/US-pensioner-Ronald-Wayne-gave-up-15bn-slice-of-Apple.html

kiljoy616

macrumors 68000
Apr 17, 2008
USA
What a bunch of junk but fangirls have to have their fix. :rolleyes:

----------

Ya why wait for 8 BILLION with a B when you can get $1,500 today. Hmmm lemme see, who do I know that was dumber than this guy...OH I KNOW, me - for not buying a boat load of Apple stock when it was below $20.00 a share.

haha i did. been such a fangirl of apple in the late 80 and into the 90 I could not help it. Can't say the same for my Cisco stocks but oh well you win some you loose some. ;)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.