Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

skir0987

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 14, 2007
On Thursday of last week I ordered a MBP. It STILL isn't here :( I've been checking the tracking a lot. Turns out it shipped yesterday (Monday) but managed to make no progress at all because it missed the fedex "cutoff". Now, Tuesday morning, it looks like it finally made it on the plane. I got free overnight shipping from apple because this computer is a replacement, but obviously the overnight doesn't work that well. Maybe I'm missing something, but from what I can see, it just left china 3 hours ago. Here's what's happened in my tracking so far:

Aug 26, 2008 3:01 PM

In transit

SHANGHAI CN

Aug 25, 2008 11:42 AM

Left FedEx origin facility

SHANGHAI CN

11:05 AM

Picked up

SHANGHAI CN

Package received after FedEx cutoff

8:46 AM

Package data transmitted to FedEx

The only thing I find odd is that when the package got to fedex at 11AM yesterday it missed the cutoff but today it shipped off at 3 PM :confused: Does anyone else have experiences with overnight shipping?

-Shep

mojohanna

macrumors 6502a
Jul 7, 2004
Cleveland
There is no such thing as "overnight" shipping from China. It is usually a minimum of 2 days due to the time difference, transit (cargo planes generally stop in Alaska for fuel and customs clearance), and customs clearance. That does not even get the package to a normal FedEx sort facility.
Be happy its not coming by boat :p That would take 30 days to get to you.

archi17

macrumors regular
Jun 3, 2008
Australia
Take a deep breath. It will arrive soon. No need to worry. Stress less! Go outside for a run and stop following its tracking

skir0987

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 14, 2007
I was hoping it would come before school starts on Weds. but I guess it isn't now. Oh well. And I find it kind of odd that apple said the shipping was overnight on their website. Here's a picture:

Attachments

• Picture 3.png
    Picture 3.png
    9.1 KB · Views: 501

Sirus2400

macrumors regular
Jun 25, 2008
I`m pretty sure it means overnight domestically. So once its in the US, you will get it the next day. I read this somewhere, but am too lazy to find a reference now.

monkey86

macrumors 6502
Aug 5, 2008
London
it doesnt take into account weekends (on the apple delivery notes) also your 'pooter will be flying into 2/3 timezones :) no wonder it will take a little time (and you didnt pay for it!)

skir0987

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 14, 2007
I`m pretty sure it means overnight domestically. So once its in the US, you will get it the next day. I read this somewhere, but am too lazy to find a reference now.

I think that would be the most likely thing. The package left Alaska at 3:54 PM yesterday (alaska time?) and has now departed Tenessee at 3:39 AM this morning. I think the package will be in a truck coming to NE all day... and it says it should be here by tomorrow (Friday) at 12:00 PM. Not quite overnight, but still pretty good. Only one more day of waiting :D

-Shep

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.