Apple's Overnight Shipping

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by skir0987, Aug 26, 2008.

1. skir0987 macrumors regular

On Thursday of last week I ordered a MBP. It STILL isn't here :( I've been checking the tracking a lot. Turns out it shipped yesterday (Monday) but managed to make no progress at all because it missed the fedex "cutoff". Now, Tuesday morning, it looks like it finally made it on the plane. I got free overnight shipping from apple because this computer is a replacement, but obviously the overnight doesn't work that well. Maybe I'm missing something, but from what I can see, it just left china 3 hours ago. Here's what's happened in my tracking so far:

The only thing I find odd is that when the package got to fedex at 11AM yesterday it missed the cutoff but today it shipped off at 3 PM :confused: Does anyone else have experiences with overnight shipping?

-Shep

2. mojohanna macrumors 6502a

mojohanna

There is no such thing as "overnight" shipping from China. It is usually a minimum of 2 days due to the time difference, transit (cargo planes generally stop in Alaska for fuel and customs clearance), and customs clearance. That does not even get the package to a normal FedEx sort facility.
    Be happy its not coming by boat :p That would take 30 days to get to you.

3. SammyDFG macrumors member

Cali is 12-14 hour flight from Asia. Impossible for "overnight".

4. rychencop macrumors 65816

rychencop

dude....they all miss the fedex cutoff. you'll have it by friday. chill!

5. archi17 macrumors regular

Take a deep breath. It will arrive soon. No need to worry. Stress less! Go outside for a run and stop following its tracking

6. skir0987 thread starter macrumors regular

I was hoping it would come before school starts on Weds. but I guess it isn't now. Oh well. And I find it kind of odd that apple said the shipping was overnight on their website. Here's a picture:

Attached Files:

7. CWallace macrumors 603

CWallace

Maybe they meant "overnight from China" which is true when you consider the PVG-ANC-MEM/IND leg of they journey. ;)

8. Sirus2400 macrumors regular

I`m pretty sure it means overnight domestically. So once its in the US, you will get it the next day. I read this somewhere, but am too lazy to find a reference now.

9. monkey86 macrumors 6502

monkey86

it doesnt take into account weekends (on the apple delivery notes) also your 'pooter will be flying into 2/3 timezones :) no wonder it will take a little time (and you didnt pay for it!)

10. skir0987 thread starter macrumors regular

I think that would be the most likely thing. The package left Alaska at 3:54 PM yesterday (alaska time?) and has now departed Tenessee at 3:39 AM this morning. I think the package will be in a truck coming to NE all day... and it says it should be here by tomorrow (Friday) at 12:00 PM. Not quite overnight, but still pretty good. Only one more day of waiting :D

-Shep