Apples Policy On Dead Pixels

Discussion in 'iMac' started by Elven, Jul 28, 2011.

1. Elven macrumors 6502a

Elven

Hi

What is Apples policy on dead pixels on the 27" iMac, spotted one today near to the centre, which has not responded to any treatment I've given it ( bar pressure )

2. azentropy macrumors 68000

azentropy

The don't have a public policy. The internally leaked policy is 8+ for replacement. But of course manager's have some flexibility.

3. Elven thread starter macrumors 6502a

Elven

I will have a quite word tomorrow over phone with my local place, it's not IN YOUR FACE, but I am a bit OCD and a perfectionist.

4. Dresevski macrumors 6502

If you JUST got it you're still in that window where you can return it for any reason...wouldn't need to explain the reason why

5. Elven thread starter macrumors 6502a

Elven

Got it June 17th... thanks for that.

6. RiceKilla macrumors member

GOt mine exchanged no problem within the 14 day period. And when exchanged extended the 14 days to reflect the day I got the new iMac.

Just a little over a month I think they may still work with you.

7. fat jez macrumors 68000

fat jez

June or July? You have two weeks to return it for any reason.

8. Dresevski macrumors 6502

Wouldn't you have noticed a pixel out immediately then? I checked my screen multiple times, and everything else for that matter, for the first week. I am OCD about that kind of thing. Took me 2 hours to get every last piece of lint from behind the glass after taking off the panel!

9. 32gb3gwifi macrumors member

Well I took mine in for a noise it was making and the guy noticed one on his own. And he said he was going to change it and while in there he was going to check on the noise. Good customer service deciding to change the screen just to check a problem he couldn't diagnose