Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

JL7

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 27, 2008
:D Ordered a refurb 20: Imac last week, then today I see that its selling for $150 Less than i paid:eek:. So I call apple support and in under 5 min I have a credit placed on my account for the $150. Now I cant wait for my sons birthday so we can see if we won the apple lottery too:D

And on another side note :( My 24"/2.8 is no longer the BMOC

Satori

macrumors 6502a
Jun 22, 2006
London
I guess the price drop must have something to do with the iMac refresh today. Happy news all round!

sille

macrumors newbie
Apr 28, 2008
BooHoo

I ordered my refurb imac 3/29/08. Saw the price drop called Apple but they said the price protection wouldn't apply. Missed it by 6 days or so. Seems like they will not budge. I'd take a store credit or maybe a tee shirt to make me feel better.

ScottFitz

macrumors 6502a
Nov 3, 2007
I ordered my refurb imac 3/29/08. Saw the price drop called Apple but they said the price protection wouldn't apply. Missed it by 6 days or so. Seems like they will not budge. I'd take a store credit or maybe a tee shirt to make me feel better.

What's the return policy on refurbs? It should be a certain number of days after delivery. I'd have to guess it's 30 days. So, just ask for a refund? Maybe then they'd budge.

EDIT>> oops, it's 14 days from receipt. Bummer.

sille

macrumors newbie
Apr 28, 2008
Their return policy is 14 days so I guess that's how they base their price protection policy. I think maybe a prorated price protection or something since 14 days is a small window.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.