Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

nastysailboat

Cancelled
May 7, 2021
And when something goes wrong who will they hold responsible? You know it will be Apple?
Can’t call Ghostbusters can they??
Totally and people will be like;

WHY APPLE WHY ARE YOU DOING THIS TO ME!!!

I mean have you seen Tim Cook’s Twitter. It’s just a bunch of angry people that don’t know tech support exists.

Whathappened

Suspended
Mar 15, 2018
Actually my issue is with both. The Chinese Communist Party for being in existence and Apple for enabling them to continue.

To be fair though, it's not just exclusively Apple. This is an issue for MANY MANY companies
Ok then don’t buy those „many, many“ companies‘ stuff.

DeepIn2U

macrumors G5
May 30, 2002
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Since when did she become head of privacy at Apple?

It would be interesting if this was televised.

I’m more focused on the statement quoted regard disinformation and 1 sided bias across social commentary in various platforms. It started out as ‘meanningful’ or well intended supposedly but now it’s just as misinformative as anything else. So unsure what Tims quote above is focused on. Will be having a look into this.

"At a moment of rampant disinformation and conspiracy theories juiced by algorithms, we can no longer turn a blind eye to a theory of technology that says all engagement is good engagement — the longer the better — and all with the goal of collecting as much data as possible," said Cook, adding that "it is long past time to stop pretending that this approach doesn't come with a cost — of polarization, of lost trust and, yes, of violence."

Whathappened

Suspended
Mar 15, 2018
The past six months of regulatory demands that fly in the face of security and privacy should suffice.

They are gangsters, plain and simple.
The only thing plain and simple is that you obviously don’t know neither the definition of „gangsters“ or „proof“.

You are just b1tching from the comfort of your couch.

GMShadow

macrumors 68000
Jun 8, 2021
The only thing plain and simple is that you obviously don’t know neither the definition of „gangsters“ or „proof“.

You are just b1tching from the comfort of your couch.

EU officials, reading your comments:

2770CB7B-93FA-4766-8910-11A0B836F470.gif

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.