Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

SurfinSHELL23

macrumors regular
Oct 18, 2004
Aberdeen, NJ
persianpunisher said:
My friend, I truly think you are just VERY VERY lucky. Dell HAS MUCH BETTER Customer Service than apple. Dell has covered EVERYTHING that has gone wrong with my computer, and they were quick and friendly about it. I cannot tell you how many times I have talked to apple about my iPod and they DID NOT HELP ME AT ALL. Dell has MUCH better tech support, CS, and quality control (they may have more problems, but they will get the problem fixed)
What number did you call? I've got a Dell laptop... 5150 - had 4 motherboard replacements, 2 powerbricks, battery, then they sent me a refurb 5150 that didn't work, ;upgraded' me to a refurb 5160 - and it had one motherboard replacement as well. I wish I could squeeze a new(er) Latitude or some kind of compensation out of them... any ideas?

Chrispy

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Dec 27, 2004
Indiana
SurfinSHELL23 said:
What number did you call? I've got a Dell laptop... 5150 - had 4 motherboard replacements, 2 powerbricks, battery, then they sent me a refurb 5150 that didn't work, ;upgraded' me to a refurb 5160 - and it had one motherboard replacement as well. I wish I could squeeze a new(er) Latitude or some kind of compensation out of them... any ideas?

I have always called the main Dell number and then been very upfront about my problem and what I think would be a fair fix. If Dell has given you a hard time, call and ask for Dell's Customer Relation's number and speak to a manager there. Calmly explain to them the situation and what you think is fair compensation and you should get somewhere. This is what I did with Apple and I know my straight-forward and polite attitude worked wonders. Give it a shot and keep calling if you don't get a decent resolution. As I have learned with Apple, sometimes it takes patience. I wish you the best of luck in getting your problem worked out.

Chrispy

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Dec 27, 2004
Indiana
My new powerbook came today :D And it works great. It does not have the 128VRAM but it does have a superdrive now. There are only two things about it which may pose a problem. The F4 key is loose and looks like it may fall of someday. If that happens I will just head to the apple store and have them put it back on so no big deal. Also, the screen is slightly dimmer on the upper left part of the screen than the rest but I think this may be a common problem with the 15" screens because I have seen it before. If anyone else has this issue feel free to post and we can have a nice discussion about it haha :p

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.