Apples remote app

Discussion in 'iPad Apps' started by ljcarr, Aug 14, 2011.

1. ljcarr macrumors newbie

Hi guys, can anyone shed any light on what the problem mite be? I have the apple remote app on my ipad2, now when I launch the app I get the home screen and on that there is the apple TV2 and my iTunes library. So I tap the apple tv icon and it takes me to the apple tv remote page, I switch it to the touch screen page and tap menu to switch the ATV on which it does and I can scroll around so its working, I then go back to the ATV main screen on the app were i see my iTunes liberty listed so I tap on that and it launches, all my albums appear, so fine. i then pick an album and then a song the play symbol appears at its side but nothing plays so I then press the main play button in the top left this changes to the pause symbol, still nothing.
    However if I go back to the main screen showing ATV and iTunes library and select the iTunes library and select a song it plays straight away. so it seems the ATV isn't communicating with the iTunes library on my mac :confused:

2. KingCrimson macrumors 65816

What I'd like to know is if it's possible for me to direct the audio stream straight to my iPad? Right now it seems I only have a choice of playing it on the hosting Mac or to the Airport Express.