Apple's resent delay a long time planed sales strategy?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by metalray@mac.co, Apr 16, 2007.

?

Sale's strategy or workforce shift to iPhone?

1. Sales

3 vote(s)
    27.3%
  2. iPhone

3 vote(s)
    27.3%
  3. Undecided (other conclutions)

5 vote(s)
    45.5%
  1. metalray@mac.co macrumors member

metalray@mac.co

I have reason to belive that such an attempt to misguid the public is moraly indecent but I presist that this might have positive effects for marketing is part of success. But a more reasonable explanation would be a look back:
    When the sneak-peak of 10.5 surfaced it was placed within a ingenious timeframe. People where starting to get a hunch that Microsoft was developing on their os (in this case Vista) and the preview was adequately placed to inform the public of innovations that apple believed Microsoft would be working on in the first place (apple would not show them off other wise they are not stupid). In this way they would get a better position when vista finally showed up with great resemblance of os x and featured discussed in 10.5. where apparently copied. But why would apple give a oblivious date of its release? Well here are my theories. Although the delay of leopard was announced in a way that would grant an idea that it was a 'last minute' thing and an absurd coverup such as "iPhone did it... ...you know the thing you wanted more then os x." was put in-place strategically. I have reason to believe that no mature company makes such rational responses. Companies within the size of :apple:Apple would consider mulible possibilitys before colabirating a new idea to the public. The sneak peek for instance: I believe the the date they had put for actual release was to grant a markup of overexided hope. They knew they where not that far. Initially, people would get exited... "Apple is already working on a big update as Microsoft is playing catchup with tiger." Putting a date of release that was far to far to reach would essentially turn peoples backs on that idea because our minds tend to grasp thing in reach with a bit more enthusiasm. The delay was not announced until everybody anticipated a release stretching the feeling as far as possible. Although I have great believe in apple and its programing/Gui experience. They are not "super-humans" or "Genius'" as they like to call themselves. They are fully competent on releasing another revolutionary design that would by far exceed vista but we cannot expect them prematurely. for the work there is done for an idea there comes a 500% workload of making it possible. I for one rather wait and get me a bug free os than crawl my hand on a premature release. (to some extent) <-- XP to vista was by far beyond tolerance and still had a handful of insignificant bug's.

2. Porshuh944turbo macrumors 6502

3. metalray@mac.co thread starter macrumors member

metalray@mac.co

The post is about the leopard delay. (OS 10.5)

4. gauchogolfer macrumors 603

gauchogolfer

At least you got that far. The OP's post was way too difficult for me to slog through, so I just skipped straight to your post. :)