Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

susannahyork

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 30, 2005
with all the complaints about the nanos and the 5g ipods scratching, what do y'all think is the likely hood that future versions of booth will address the problem.... and how soon would that be likely to happen if they do?

pdpfilms

macrumors 68020
Jun 29, 2004
Vermontana
susannahyork said:
with all the complaints about the nanos and the 5g ipods scratching, what do y'all think is the likely hood that future versions of booth will address the problem.... and how soon would that be likely to happen if they do?
I am quite sure apple will address this issue in future revisions. The fact that there was even a lawsuit about it only makes it more likely. Apple is a consumer-aware company, and will listen to a negative response such as this.

EricNau

Moderator emeritus
Apr 27, 2005
San Francisco, CA
They've already addressed the issue with the new Video iPod, now it comes with a case (unlike the Nano).
I think Apple should give a free case for all of those who bought the Nano (just a cheap one similar to those that come with the V iPod).

khisayruou

macrumors 6502a
Aug 21, 2004
I remember getting a 3G ipod and I clearly remember it was just as easy to scratch as my new nano. Only difference, the black brings out the scratches more. I doubt they will ever address the issue besides providing that cheap case.

supergod

macrumors 6502
Jul 14, 2004
Toronto
Next revision they will certainly be using different building materials and it will figure large into the appeal of the new player. They'll probably be able to afford it by that point.

Or it could come with an agreement that you sign promising not to sue.

Effin ell.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.