Apple's Return Policy: AirPort Extreme

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by yoppie, Mar 3, 2009.

1. yoppie macrumors 6502a

Hi Guys/Gals,

I ordered an AirPort Extreme Base Station last week from the Apple online store and it's scheduled for delivery on Thursday. I would like to return it to get the new one that was announced today. Can I return it to an Apple retail store?

I know that you have to return computers through the same channel that you ordered them but I'm a bit unsure of the policy regarding other hardware/accessories. Can you guys help me?

For those of wondering why I purchased online: I purchased online because there isn't an Apple Store in my college town. I'll be home next week due to spring break and there's 3 stores within 20 minutes so a quick visit won't be hard.

2. amac4me macrumors 65816

amac4me

3. yoppie thread starter macrumors 6502a

Thanks, I appreciate your help. I read the return policy but it didn't answer my question. I want to know if it's ok for me to return it to a brick & mortar Apple store rather than having initiate a RMA online.

4. nc7r macrumors member

nc7r

The best thing for you to do is to refuse the delivery, and then purchase the new model in a retail store or online. Apple will credit your account back after they fail delivery.

5. yoppie thread starter macrumors 6502a

Thanks nc7r.

I called Apple and they said I would have to return the AirPort Extreme through the mail. I'm not expected to receive the item until Thursday but the telephone representative is letting me get a headstart on the return now. They're sending me some shipping labels over e-mail to print out and tape over the package as soon as it arrives.

The "purchase online/mail, return online/mail" policy extends to all other hardware and accessories too. It's not limited to CTO machines.

Thanks again nc7r and amac4me for responding to my question. I appreciate your help!